Not an A1... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Not an A1...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by General-Logic View Post
The original period magazine I have waiting for it.
I wish I had that Mag. for my 1917 colt, it was shipped from Colt in Jan 1918 to the Springfield Arsenal

it is a blued pistol.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I actually found that magazine in an ammobox in an attic. It was accompanied by three Luger mags one of which was a wooden bottom. I sold the metal Luger mags for $80 each the wooden one went to a friend who has a period Luger to match it. This I kept because I just knew somehow, some way I would own a WW1 Colt.

I want to be a ball turret gunner.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:59 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well I just talked to him and my Uncle did me a solid and paid for the majority of the pistol for my birthday. I thought he bought it but he just layed it back for me after I called him and practically drooled through the phone. He said he will have it checked for me but I can do that myself. I am paying a ridiculously low price for this pistol...like REALLY low. I almost feel bad but not really.

In case it isn't obvious, I have a BIG love for 1911s. They are my favorite handgun if not my favorite firearm PERIOD. I have rarely owned anything that goes bang that I wouldn't immediately trade for a 1911. The one exception was the pair of 1911s I traded for a Thompson 1927-A1 Deluxe. This will be the first Colt I have owned. I am thrilled it is a vintage warhorse from the Great War. Simply perfect.

I have owned the following makes:
Essex
Ithaca
Springfield
Remington Rand
Randall
Llama
Taurus
Norinco

and now, finally, a COLT!!!

I want to be a ball turret gunner.