Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Nighthawk or Wilson Combat (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/nighthawk-wilson-combat-78060/)

sdiver35 12-09-2012 01:06 AM

Nighthawk or Wilson Combat

I am looking for good reasons to support purchasing either a Nighthawk Custom or Wilson Combat commander sized pistol for carrying. What I am specifically looking for is experiences with both companies and the experiences of owning and shooting both. I have been on the fence for some time now and have made the decision to purchase, but I really can't decide on one or the other. Since these are high end firearms and cannot be rented - the only thing I can do is read reviews, hold one for a few minutes at a LGS and trust in my fellow members here to help decide.

Thanks in advance!!

Alpha1Victor 12-09-2012 02:55 AM

4 Attachment(s)
This has been discussed many times. I own and swear by my wilson cqb compact.

Powersportgiant 12-10-2012 12:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I own a nighthawk and had the pleasure of shooting a WC side by side with my NHC talon last week. That would be a tough call on which to buy. Either way you'd be happy. My suggestion, call NHC tell them what you want and see how they help you. Then call WC with same questions and see how they help you I've made several decisions on first impressions. Either way, here is a couple pics of my NHC.

sdiver35 12-10-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powersportgiant
I own a nighthawk and had the pleasure of shooting a WC side by side with my NHC talon last week. That would be a tough call on which to buy. Either way you'd be happy. My suggestion, call NHC tell them what you want and see how they help you. Then call WC with same questions and see how they help you I've made several decisions on first impressions. Either way, here is a couple pics of my NHC.

Great idea. Thanks for the replies. I am leaning towards a NHC.

buckhorn_cortez 12-10-2012 10:47 AM

If I was looking at Nighthawk, I'd probably look at one of the pistols designed by Costa, Heinie, or Bob Marvel. I think that is a terrific idea by Nighthawk in having an pistol or shooting expert outside of Nighthawk design the gun. In the case of the Heinie and Marvel, both of them came to Nighthawk to train the gunsmiths on exactly how to build the gun to their specifications - so you're getting the benefit of the gun designer's gunsmithing expertise and not just design of the way the gun looks.

If I wanted a semi-custom to my specifications - I'd probably choose Wilson as they offer an extremely wide range of options and will do things not on their option list if you ask. Either way, you'll certainly enjoy the pistol when you get it.

sdiver35 12-13-2012 01:27 AM

I'm leaning towards the NHC T3, our local shop has the Costa model in stock but it's about $1000 more than the T3.

PittTactical556 12-13-2012 02:33 AM

I've heard both make great 1911's

Overkill0084 12-17-2012 02:43 PM

Nighthawk or Wilson?
Rolls Royce or Bentley?
Ferrari or Lamborghini?
Which one appeals to you?
I doubt there's a lick of difference quality wise.
I own a Wilson and I had the opportunity to handle a Nighthawk at the LGS. They both make you smile.

sdiver35 12-19-2012 10:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I received permission today to purchase my final pistol for some time. I went with the Nighthawk Custom Costa Compact.

BTW - My wife is awesome! She even said "It's an investment, buy it"!!

rhyno13 12-19-2012 10:38 PM

Personally I would go with Nighthawk. I shot both and I liked the Nighthawk better. You should also look at Les Baer 1911's