Nighthawk Customs Centennial Edition
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Nighthawk Customs Centennial Edition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default Nighthawk Customs Centennial Edition

Here is Nighthawk's take on the Centennial edition. I believe its around $2900. Personally, I think it was good intentions/bad judgement. The grips are ugly, take the flower scrolling off, and get rid of the "We the People" and "100 Years Serving America" and the Greal Seal engravings. The engravings should be for a '76 model. Blue the trigger, barrel, and bushing, and then throw on a set of walnuts.

Im pretty sure this is the best shooting 100 year edition out there. I could live with the white dots. The centennial edition doesnt mean it should be a commemorative/presentation model. Just make a faithful reproduction that will shoot good.

nhc_centennial1.jpg   nhc_centennial2.jpg   nhc_centennial3.jpg   nhc_centennial4.jpg   nhc_centennial6.jpg  

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Last edited by michigan0626; 01-24-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #2

More Nighthawk pics

nhc_centennial7.jpg   nhc_centennial8.jpg   nhc_centennial9.jpg   nhc_centennial11.jpg   nhc_centennial12.jpg  

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 01-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Thats beautiful. I'd love to own one. Safe queen central though.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

We looked at them at the show and I have to say I agree. It is a very well built piece, but it went in the wrong direction. The grips are some sort of rubberized material with the pattern drawing some inspiration from the US Cavalry or something. I forget what the guy was telling us.

I do remember the MSRP was closer to $4000 though with dealer pricing coming in around $3500. They are limited in number and the number you order is the number you get. 35th in line gets serial number 35 and so on.

The "engraving" is beautiful and while it's not for everyone, I liked it. The trigger was, of course, perfect and the slide to frame fit was impeccable as always.

This is the only model that comes standard with an arched mainspring housing. They do have another model that has not yet been named that will come with a one piece beveled mag well AND an arched mainspring housing, along with a couple of other new tricks, but I can't for the life of me remember what they had "tagged" it as for the show.

Scubie and Dr.Jason can attest to the fit and feel of the Nighthawk line as we were there at the booth for close to an hour checking out the models they had to play with.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #5

The one that is 4k and is numbered in the order of ordering, I think is the limited, limited edition. I read somewhere there is the standard centennial edition that runs all year, then a limited version that is from 1 to 100, and thats it.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
They do have another model that has not yet been named that will come with a one piece beveled mag well AND an arched mainspring housing, along with a couple of other new tricks, but I can't for the life of me remember what they had "tagged" it as for the show
Is that the Spike's Tactical model that should be coming out in 2012???

Old 01-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
Is that the Spike's Tactical model that should be coming out in 2012???
Definitely wasn't attached to any other company. This one had a couple of features that were "constant" customer requests, one of which was this new all in one main spring housing and beveled mag well. They make it flat ( standard ) and will make them arched as well, but apparently EVERYONE wants that as an option. They are even going to to offer retrofits on existing guns for the people that want them.

Other than that, commander style hammer, blackened trigger, standard great trigger pull, but the top of the slide had more grooves or slits or any reflective cuts than anything else in the line up.

I have been racking my brain to remember what name they hung on it at the show, but I can't remember.