Nicest Colt Stainless finish
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Nicest Colt Stainless finish

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default Nicest Colt Stainless finish

Hey everyone
Right now I own a O1980RG "Rail Gun" (not crazy about the name but it's a great shooter and looks good). My next 1911 purchase will be a Colt and I was wondering which model had the nicest brushed stainless finish. Based on pictures it looks like the Special Combat Government is the nicest but I doubt I'll get one anytime soon, there's the XSE, Series 70 (I'm not getting a second Rail Gun, gotta mix it up a little) etc. I only want a full size gun by the way and NO ALUMINUM.
Thanks all!

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #2

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

I'm going to put $10 down that says Cane comes by with a picture of his that blows everyone's else away

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I'm going to put $10 down that says Cane comes by with a picture of his that blows everyone's else away
The funny thing is I was originally going to PM him but felt like this information should be made public so that the same question doesn't get asked again lol.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 04-18-2012, 02:59 AM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

This is the "BEST" Colt SS finish EVARR!

I wasn't happy with the finish on my XSE so I bead blasted it to a frost finish.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-18-2012, 04:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
This is the "BEST" Colt SS finish EVARR!

I wasn't happy with the finish on my XSE so I bead blasted it to a frost finish.
You gotta give me something I can buy off the shelves The first one is a nice chrome finish and your custom finish is very nice too

Old 04-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #6

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom View Post
You gotta give me something I can buy off the shelves The first one is a nice chrome finish and your custom finish is very nice too
Fair enough, I'd go with the Hard Chrome Model O1970CM.
o1970cm.jpg  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Fair enough, I'd go with the Hard Chrome Model O1970CM.
Well I guess I'll wait a little while until I can put down ~ $2k on it

Old 04-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #8

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom View Post
Well I guess I'll wait a little while until I can put down ~ $2k on it
don't forget my $10

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-19-2012, 01:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
don't forget my $10
I never said he wouldn't
The day I get me some Colt SCG I think I can spare some change