Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Next contemplation (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/next-contemplation-47042/)

AznZOhAn 08-18-2011 05:29 PM

Next contemplation

I am thinking about a new gun, keeping it hush from my girlfriend. I want a SA champion operator or champion TRP, has anybody shot one and give me reviews or feed back on them. It'll be my 3rd SA and 6th 45 acp. I'm liking what I am reading about them, except it will be a long wait for one.

HOSSFLY 08-18-2011 05:41 PM

Only advice i can give is-----
If you have to hide a gun purchase from a girlfriend find a new girlfriend :rolleyes:

AznZOhAn 08-18-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
Only advice i can give is-----
If you have to hide a gun purchase from a girlfriend find a new girlfriend :rolleyes:

She is my daughter's mother, not just a girlfriend, but I agree if she were just a girlfriend she'd be gone.

AznZOhAn 08-18-2011 06:18 PM

I'm gonna by the gun, I was asking about the SA champion operator or champion TRP. I've been buying guns before I met her and I will after she is gone.

Olympus 08-18-2011 07:38 PM

I believe the TRP is near the very top of SA's 1911 models. I'm not a SA fan, but I would venture a guess that the TRP would be better than the Champion.

AznZOhAn 08-18-2011 08:24 PM

I read their is a TRP Champion and I know their is a Champion Operator also. I'm a big SA fan as well as Colts.

nhsuper44 08-19-2011 12:29 AM

hey! just a thought... buy the girlfriend a gun too, and shoot together.

AznZOhAn 08-19-2011 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhsuper44
hey! just a thought... buy the girlfriend a gun too, and shoot together.

Thought about that, but she is scared of them.

shadamai 08-19-2011 06:24 AM

Good luck on your purchase. I don't have experience with the Champion Operator or Champion TRP, but there is another SA Champion model I have fired- the Loaded Champion, which is also a .45. I own an older model in stainless steel. (It was customized a bit by the previous owner- he put a short G.I. style guide rod in.) It's my first gun and a lot of fun to shoot. I looked online and the Champion TRP seems very hard to find and considerably more expensive than the Operator.

AznZOhAn 08-19-2011 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AznZOhAn

Thought about that, but she is scared of them.

She is the only girl I've dated that is scared of guns. I hope that's not a genetic feature, cause I want my daughter to go to the range with me. I took her mom once and that was a mistake that wont be repeated. I took my Colt government and Glock 22, and when she fired them she closed her damn eyes and almost dropped my pistols. If I take her out again, it will be with a gun she bought. I don't own 22 anymore, but maybe that's what I should have started her with. She is 5'3" and 120#s, the girl before her was the measurements and she had a G22 and she liked my 45s.

Just for argument sake, should I have started shooting something smaller or just keep the guns away from her? I'm thinking keep them away from her, cause she is a girlie girl.