Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > new toy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 02:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default new toy

So I just want to ask others with more experience whether or not the 1911 I just picked up is quality.

Springfield Armory operator .45 (I think LW is at the end of the model name) slide says operator .45 cal.
Got it used for 700 plus 50 rnds. Looks to be in very good condition.
Was this a good deal?

forumrunner_20131201_224933.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2013, 02:52 AM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1025 Times on 724 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Looks real good to me

Old 12-02-2013, 02:58 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Congrats on the new purchase!

Always have clean socks.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:03 AM   #4

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Damn five deal

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #5

Liked 238 Times on 169 Posts

It's a good deal if you shoot it well and enjoy it. Don't worry about what you paid, worry about how much you shoot it.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:14 AM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19997 Times on 11368 Posts
Likes Given: 50443

well you got lucky. it is a good pistol and at what i consider a decent and reasonable price.

but i will state obvious, that what if after spending your money, and then you find out you had over paid because of you lack of experiance? or had gotten a pistol that was known to many to have countless problem after problem?

the time to ask those questions in your first post here on this thread, would have been before you paid your money. the time to ask questions and do research is before buying, not afterwards.

not trying to rain on your parade, just that i call things the way i see them.

danf_fl Likes This 
Old 12-02-2013, 03:34 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
well you got lucky. it is a good pistol and at what i consider a decent and reasonable price.

but i will state obvious, that what if after spending your money, and then you find out you had over paid because of you lack of experiance? or had gotten a pistol that was known to many to have countless problem after problem?

the time to ask those questions in your first post here on this thread, would have been before you paid your money. the time to ask questions and do research is before buying, not afterwards.

not trying to rain on your parade, just that i call things the way i see them.
No no, I understand. The reason I jumped on this is that I had always known springfield makes a very good 1911. I've done my research in the past but didn't really look into this particular model. Hell I haven't shot it yet so I don't even know if it works. It had better cuz we did all the paperwork before I gave him money. So I got his address lol.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:32 AM   #8
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2824 Times on 1938 Posts
Likes Given: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack
No no, I understand. The reason I jumped on this is that I had always known springfield makes a very good 1911. I've done my research in the past but didn't really look into this particular model. Hell I haven't shot it yet so I don't even know if it works. It had better cuz we did all the paperwork before I gave him money. So I got his address lol.
What Axxe said, but I will add this: if it's Shot a lot of rounds before you got it, you might have got him down in price a bit. That's coming from someone who hasn't bought a 1911 in over 20 years. I know I'm looking at a few of the Springfield's. I already have a few of their longer ranged items...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2658 Times on 1549 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

It looks good!

If you don't know how many rounds have been through it, I would recommend spending a few extra bucks and purchase a spring kit (at least the recoil and firing pin springs).

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #10
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19997 Times on 11368 Posts
Likes Given: 50443

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
okay. that makes better sense. it's looks to be in pretty good shape and as i said the price seems reasonable.

it's just a lot of newbies go out and buy and gun, post pictures here, then want to know if they bought a decent gun. go figure.