Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   new toy (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/new-toy-101055/)

BlackJack 12-02-2013 02:50 AM

new toy

1 Attachment(s)
So I just want to ask others with more experience whether or not the 1911 I just picked up is quality.

Springfield Armory operator .45 (I think LW is at the end of the model name) slide says operator .45 cal.
Got it used for 700 plus 50 rnds. Looks to be in very good condition.
Was this a good deal?

Attachment 127831

G30USMC 12-02-2013 02:52 AM

Looks real good to me :D

JW357 12-02-2013 02:58 AM

Congrats on the new purchase!

kytowboater 12-02-2013 03:03 AM

Damn five deal

CardiacColt68 12-02-2013 03:10 AM

It's a good deal if you shoot it well and enjoy it. Don't worry about what you paid, worry about how much you shoot it.

Axxe55 12-02-2013 03:14 AM

well you got lucky. it is a good pistol and at what i consider a decent and reasonable price.

but i will state obvious, that what if after spending your money, and then you find out you had over paid because of you lack of experiance? or had gotten a pistol that was known to many to have countless problem after problem?

the time to ask those questions in your first post here on this thread, would have been before you paid your money. the time to ask questions and do research is before buying, not afterwards.

not trying to rain on your parade, just that i call things the way i see them.

BlackJack 12-02-2013 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe55 (Post 1446639)
well you got lucky. it is a good pistol and at what i consider a decent and reasonable price.

but i will state obvious, that what if after spending your money, and then you find out you had over paid because of you lack of experiance? or had gotten a pistol that was known to many to have countless problem after problem?

the time to ask those questions in your first post here on this thread, would have been before you paid your money. the time to ask questions and do research is before buying, not afterwards.

not trying to rain on your parade, just that i call things the way i see them.

No no, I understand. The reason I jumped on this is that I had always known springfield makes a very good 1911. I've done my research in the past but didn't really look into this particular model. Hell I haven't shot it yet so I don't even know if it works. It had better cuz we did all the paperwork before I gave him money. So I got his address lol.

DrFootball 12-02-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackJack
No no, I understand. The reason I jumped on this is that I had always known springfield makes a very good 1911. I've done my research in the past but didn't really look into this particular model. Hell I haven't shot it yet so I don't even know if it works. It had better cuz we did all the paperwork before I gave him money. So I got his address lol.

What Axxe said, but I will add this: if it's Shot a lot of rounds before you got it, you might have got him down in price a bit. That's coming from someone who hasn't bought a 1911 in over 20 years. I know I'm looking at a few of the Springfield's. I already have a few of their longer ranged items...

danf_fl 12-02-2013 10:23 AM

It looks good!

If you don't know how many rounds have been through it, I would recommend spending a few extra bucks and purchase a spring kit (at least the recoil and firing pin springs).

Axxe55 12-02-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackJack (Post 1446673)

okay. that makes better sense. it's looks to be in pretty good shape and as i said the price seems reasonable.

it's just a lot of newbies go out and buy and gun, post pictures here, then want to know if they bought a decent gun. go figure.