New SIG Ultra 1911 purchase and the losers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > New SIG Ultra 1911 purchase and the losers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default New SIG Ultra 1911 purchase and the losers

Well I did it. I broke down and bought a ultra compact 1911 that has been bugging me. Once again, I choose SIG over all others after lots of research.

I had confided in Cane yesterday I was going to get a STI Spartan III Ultra. He gave me some advice on a holster and what not.

1st on the STI. Great looking gun! All the things you want. Skeleton hammer, skeleton trigger, nice sight, and beaver tail. STI I have always thought was one of the most under rated 1911 of all time. However. The Spartan III come to find out, Arms Corporation of the Philippines makes their Spartan line. The Spartan line for STI is nothing more than a glorified Rock Island. I could save 300.00 and buy a nice R.I. if I wanted that.

Next I looked at the Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II. Two tone and looked nice!
at 1029.00 I found too little for too much money. Issues were 1. Only one magazine included in the sale. 2. The main spring housing felt like plastic. The checkering on the MSH was minimal to say the least. Because of the Crimson trace the front of the grip had no checkering at all. If you had to fire that lil sucker in a high stress situation there is almost no grip to that gun. 3. For myself, I thought the sights were to big. I have become accustomed to low profile sights.

Next I looked at SIGs Ultra two tone. 899.99 2 SS magazines included . MSH has aggressive checkering and front grip as well. Low profile night sights that really glow. and I like that SIG cut slide!

Easy choice for the SIG in the end. I can not wait to fire it! Now I need another holster! S&S that my last custom for my SIG commander said at least a month. I don't wanna wait again! Enjoy the pics.

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Last edited by DodgerBlue; 04-28-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2012, 12:34 AM   #2

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

Oh....wait. That is HOT!!!!

Old 04-28-2012, 01:13 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Congrats man that little puppy looks like fun!
Can't wait to read your range report on it.
Beautiful looking gun

Old 04-28-2012, 03:30 AM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 460

Very nice...now tell us how many times did the words "buy a Colt" come up in your conversation with Cane? Seriously, nice choice...hard to go wrong with a Sig. Like they used to say...nobody ever got fired for choosing IBM.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 04-28-2012, 03:34 AM   #5

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Great looking gun. SIG has a good reputation.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:43 AM   #6
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7315 Times on 4399 Posts
Likes Given: 8971

I'm at work and I can't see any pictures. But congratulations, Dodger. We want to see a range report soon. New guns are always so much fun.

Ahh...the pictures finally popped up. It's a beautiful gun. I know I love my little Sig. Those night sights are awesome. Very nice looking gun.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 04-28-2012 at 04:46 AM.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #7

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Thanks Winds, everybody. The pics posted were stock photos but I will get some real ones up maybe a bit later. I have to borrow a camera.

Springfield has the marketing slogan "The .380 was a cute fad. Now, let's get back to business."

That's how I feel about this ultra compact.

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #8

In 1911s it's Colt for me but I have two HKs, and I feel they are a better choice then a SIG.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
Thanks Winds, everybody. The pics posted were stock photos but I will get some real ones up maybe a bit later. I have to borrow a camera.

Springfield has the marketing slogan "The .380 was a cute fad. Now, let's get back to business."

That's how I feel about this ultra compact.
Well I bought a S&W PPK/s in .380 for a lite carry handgun when required, with the new updated .380 Ammo. now being made, Fad or Not the .380 handguns will be around a long time to come.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 951 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Default Sig Ultra

As my Granddad would have said, "that thar gun is a hoot".

Got it all, style and reliability. Great looking gun.

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered