New RIA Compact - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

New RIA Compact

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 01:58 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 115 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 144

I just bought an RIA CS. Doesn't say anything about Tac on my box or gun, could someone tell me the diff? Have an Ed Brown safety on the way and looking at grips, will probably get CMC mags, use them in my big uns and like them. There seems to be about 4 versions and brands of this same pistol with different sights, triggers etc. in the stores right now. Mine has Novak style sights an adjustable trigger that favors the old STI, cut out hammer and a beavertail. Always said I would never own a chopped 1911 but my buddy let me shoot his and you know the rest.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:34 PM   #12

Liked 62 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by p35bhp55 View Post
I just bought an RIA CS. Doesn't say anything about Tac on my box or gun, could someone tell me the diff? Have an Ed Brown safety on the way and looking at grips, will probably get CMC mags, use them in my big uns and like them. There seems to be about 4 versions and brands of this same pistol with different sights, triggers etc. in the stores right now. Mine has Novak style sights an adjustable trigger that favors the old STI, cut out hammer and a beavertail. Always said I would never own a chopped 1911 but my buddy let me shoot his and you know the rest.
With those Novak-style sights and skeletonized trigger, it is the Tactical series gun. The GI-series also have the beavertail and commander hammer but carry the little "thumbnail" sights, staked in front and narrow dovetail in the rear. Newer Tacticals also have plastic rather than wood grips from the factory. I've carried my CS-Tac .45 for a bit over a year and it's become my favorite handgun due to it's balance and reliability. It eats everything I've fed it and runs my favored Critical Defense JHP carry ammo just fine. I've done some modifications to it; some for comfort and convenience, some just to make it look snazzy (it's my pet 1911!) but it remains the gun I want in my hand if I need to save my life. I can't think of a higher recommendation.
Here is what she looks like now:
New RIA Compact - 1911 Forum

Last edited by OldEagleEars; 06-12-2014 at 04:37 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-13-2014, 02:10 AM   #13

Liked 115 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEagleEars View Post
With those Novak-style sights and skeletonized trigger, it is the Tactical series gun. The GI-series also have the beavertail and commander hammer but carry the little "thumbnail" sights, staked in front and narrow dovetail in the rear. Newer Tacticals also have plastic rather than wood grips from the factory. I've carried my CS-Tac .45 for a bit over a year and it's become my favorite handgun due to it's balance and reliability. It eats everything I've fed it and runs my favored Critical Defense JHP carry ammo just fine. I've done some modifications to it; some for comfort and convenience, some just to make it look snazzy (it's my pet 1911!) but it remains the gun I want in my hand if I need to save my life. I can't think of a higher recommendation.
Here is what she looks like now:
New RIA Compact - 1911 Forum
Yep, that's it.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:27 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Does all the compact RIA have bull barrels ? And can you change the guide rod and recoil spring? Somebody told me you could not change then parts.

Glock73