New RIA 2011 Tactical
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > New RIA 2011 Tactical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Just got another new RIA to sell for the shop. Seems RIA are the only ones keeping up with the demand as they are about the only guns available from distributors. But I think their quality is starting to get neglected as a result. I've bought 4 in the last few months and 3 of them have went back to the warranty center for more work.

This 2011 looked pretty good out of the box and I had high hopes. That was until I cleaned the goo off and really looked it over. The first thing I noticed was the grip safety was horribly loose. You could shake the gun side to side and it would rattle like a spray paint can. The second thing I noticed was heavy chatter marks from the milling process on the disconnector rail on the inside of the slide. Needless to say, this one went back to the factory before being put out for sale.

Here's a shot of the chatter marks inside the slide.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #2

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I like my tactical ria just fine and have no issues with it. But if I had bought 4 and 3 went back I would not tell anyone about it or buy another one!! Think you have learned yet??

Old 06-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #3

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
I like my tactical ria just fine and have no issues with it. But if I had bought 4 and 3 went back I would not tell anyone about it or buy another one!! Think you have learned yet??
Only one of the guns were for me personally. The rest were bought to sell at my shop. And since RIAs are the only guns I can find in stock from distributors, I'll keep ordering them to sell. And since so many people think they're a great deal and keep buying them, I'll keep stocking them.

I just think if I'm going to sell it to someone else, I might as well send the guns back and get the issues resolved instead of knowingly selling the guns on to someone else.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus
I just think if I'm going to sell it to someone else, I might as well send the guns back and get the issues resolved instead of knowingly selling the guns on to someone else.
This is an excellent attitude. I wonder if everyone has this mentality. I doubt it.

Always have clean socks.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #5

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Yes takeing care of any issues with a firearm before resale is the right way to go. Not much burns me more than some newbe gun owner that gets all flustered with a handgun and sells it with out knowing its fixed or if its an ammo or owner problem. Just pass'n alone a possible problem.

I have bought a few handguns from owners that they could not make shot reliably and one had to go back for some TLC , others just needed cleaning and a lube job and maybe a change of ammo or shooter. rice was right so way not. Bought my first kahr that way.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i believe in full disclosure myself. if i sell something that has problems that i know about, i inform a potential buyer and let them make the decision to buy or pass on it.

i have also bought items before when problems were present, but i was informed of them and decided to take a chance. chaps me wrong when someone doesn't tell me about problems, and i knew they had to have known about them.