New to parkerized need help - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

New to parkerized need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 02:37 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Springfield has a very good customer service department. They should fix you right up. As far as if something else goes wrong and having to send it in again, cross that bridge when you come to it. Their service is good and you should be fine.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-16-2011, 02:38 AM   #12

Liked 876 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Never had a Springfield 1911 but just off the top of my head it could be a few things.
Lube they use on new guns to prevent rust
Bad metal mixture that skipped past quality
Different polishing method used on the affected part

Old 03-16-2011, 02:38 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
yup thats rust. it needs to be refinished i agree with CA
well i must be a pretty bad owner lol but do you know if the warranty is a one time thing or not? and i guess after this i should coat it in some fluid film to avoid this

Old 03-16-2011, 02:41 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
Never had a Springfield 1911 but just off the top of my head it could be a few things.
Lube they use on new guns to prevent rust
Bad metal mixture that skipped past quality
Different polishing method used on the affected part
ive been informed i should make use of my warranty and send it in to get refinished and thats just what ill do that way when i get it back ill coat it in some fluid film and hope this wont happen again

Old 03-16-2011, 02:43 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Snake, I merged your other thread with this one. So, the continuity is a little off, but it makes sense to have it all together.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-16-2011, 02:45 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Snake, I merged your other thread with this one. So, the continuity is a little off, but it makes sense to have it all together.
ok thanks i never expected to get so many replies especially within the hour of posting i love this forum and thanks for the help i wasnt sure if i should send it in but now im convinced so ill call them as soon as i can tomorrow and get the call tag

Old 03-16-2011, 02:47 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Cool beans.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:52 AM   #18

Liked 876 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Auh... Now it's merged with the photos.
It looks like rust.
Warranties are great.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

ive cleaned it with some oil and a toothbrush type brush and the stuff on the grip safety isnt visible and niether are the other marks so could it have been something else i dont want to send it in and them not want to warranty it out because right now it looks ok should i send some of these pics along with it?

Old 03-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

If it cleaned off, then you're good to go. Unless the finish came off too, it may have been some type of oil/preservative that just dried on there. If the Parkerizing looks good to you, problem solved, case closed.

Now, just keep it oiled and go shoot the heck out of it.