New Kimber Itch - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > New Kimber Itch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 04:10 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I went and done it. Here is my new Kimber Ultra TLE II. They didn't have an Ultra Covert II so I saved a bunch of money anyway. I'm Happy with my purchase. Got to clean the bore and shoot the snot out of it.

It was back in '32 and times were hard. He had a Colt 45 and a deck of cards; Stagger Lee

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. —Thomas Jefferson

Patriots are not revolutionaries trying to overthrow the government of the United States. Patriots are Counter-Revolutionaries trying to prevent the government from overthrowing the Constitution. --CA357

Old 03-14-2011, 06:22 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I know; my pics suck. I've got to start taking better pics.

Anyway, I put 150 rounds through it today. Quite a punchy little gun. The accuracy isn't bad at 10 yards. I wonder if I could even hit anything at 25 yards.

I bought the Ultra TLE II because it is steel. I figure this'll hold up longer than aluminum. Any truth to that?

It was back in '32 and times were hard. He had a Colt 45 and a deck of cards; Stagger Lee

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. —Thomas Jefferson

Patriots are not revolutionaries trying to overthrow the government of the United States. Patriots are Counter-Revolutionaries trying to prevent the government from overthrowing the Constitution. --CA357

Old 03-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #13
Jay

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My Pro CDP (1998 vintage) has been carried since purchase, and it's frame has had no issues. I think the aluminum may show wear/dings a bit easier. but the trade-off is less weight to carry. I have several 1911's in my carry rotation, and some are steel and others aluminum. I've carried a 1911 so long that frame composition really makes no difference to me any more. If there were a vast difference in durability, the aluminum frames would likely cease to exist. If memory serves, S&W doesn't even offer a steel framed 1911 any more... Nice to have a choice, at any rate.......

NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys