NEW Girsan MC1911-S fit & finish overview - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > NEW Girsan MC1911-S fit & finish overview

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 03:43 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4819 Times on 2334 Posts
Likes Given: 1502

Looks like a lot of 1911 for the money but Personaly, I could not give my pistol money to Camel Jockeys.

A Muslim built 1911 is like a Mexican built Chevy...

Tack

Old 02-28-2013, 03:54 AM   #12

Liked 43 Times on 33 Posts

Yeah i didnt like that it was not american made but for the money i had and for what i wanted, i am satisfied. I could have gotten an american made 9mm but i am almost positive i would have been disappointed with a 9mm cuz i wanted something with some real pop. I have shot 9mms and they were great but left me wanting more.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:13 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_girsan_1911 View Post
Yeah i didnt like that it was not american made but for the money i had and for what i wanted, i am satisfied. I could have gotten an american made 9mm but i am almost positive i would have been disappointed with a 9mm cuz i wanted something with some real pop. I have shot 9mms and they were great but left me wanting more.
That's cool, I'm glad you could get into a quality 1911 within budget, and I don't mind foreign guns, I just personally could not buy a Muslim gun. That's my hang up and no reflection on your purchase.

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 02-28-2013 at 04:17 AM.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #14

Liked 2043 Times on 1069 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

That's cool, I'm glad you could get into a quality 1911 within budget, and I don't mind foreign guns, I just personally could not buy a Muslim gun. That's my hang up and no reflection on your purchase.

Tack
I'm right there with you. When I think 1911, I think 'made in the U S of A'

Nice looking gun tho, don't know much about them

Old 02-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #15

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Tack
Gimme a break dude, Ive spent THOUSANDS of dollars over the years on Built-in-USA guns from S&W to Springfield & Remington and many more.

People like you are usually the biggest hypocrites. You turn your nose up at any foreign made items but you dont mind your trips to Wal-Mart which deals mainly in Chinese imports. You enjoy pointing the finger at foreign cars even though MANY of them are produced right here in the states and employ thousands.

You're right though, it is YOUR hang-up, not mine. My money went to an American distributor who turned a profit. Are we gonna blame distributors now who distribute Turkish guns? By the way you apparently dont know much about international politics because Turkey is still one of the US's ally in the Middle East region. Our embassy was just recently bombed there by an Al Qaeda terrorist if you dont follow the news. And FYI Islamic extremists are the root of terrorism, not Muslims.

And dont try to paint it as though I purchased a gun from a terrorist state like Iran.....which is what you are implying.

END RANT.

Last edited by StainlessSteel215; 02-28-2013 at 01:36 PM.
towboater Likes This 
Old 02-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #16

Calm down there Grasshopper...

Turkey is a great alley... Which is why we had to Air Mobile light infantry into Norther Iraq... Because at the last minute they decline to allow our armor to attack another Muslim nation from their soil... Yep, their our buddies!

Hypocrite? Well, I drive an F150 "work truck" and own a Mitsubishi "built in Florida" by non UAW workers.

Wal-Mart... Sure I shop there... But not for guns... Won't buy any firearms from a publically owned "big box" because allowing them to corner the market and put independent FFL's out of business is bad for 2A.

Those "secret" White House meeting with gun retailers have been pretty scary had we been down to only those giant big boxes still selling guns.

I think I was pretty clear telling the OP that I was glad he could get into a quality 1911 within budget... and your "over the top" response is uncalled for.

Hmm... Perhaps I'm not the only one with a hang up?

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Gimme a break dude, Ive spent THOUSANDS of dollars over the years on Built-in-USA guns from S&W to Springfield & Remington and many more.

People like you are usually the biggest hypocrites. You turn your nose up at any foreign made items but you dont mind your trips to Wal-Mart which deals mainly in Chinese imports. You enjoy pointing the finger at foreign cars even though MANY of them are produced right here in the states and employ thousands.

You're right though, it is YOUR hang-up, not mine. My money went to an American distributor who turned a profit. Are we gonna blame distributors now who distribute Turkish guns? By the way you apparently dont know much about international politics because Turkey is still one of the US's ally in the Middle East region. Our embassy was just recently bombed there by an Al Qaeda terrorist if you dont follow the news. And FYI Islamic extremists are the root of terrorism, not Muslims.

And dont try to paint it as though I purchased a gun from a terrorist state like Iran.....which is what you are implying.

END RANT.

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 02-28-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #17

Admittedly, THAT was a genuine and insightful response, and I can appreciate it Tack.

Just felt like a snub attack on my choice of firearm because it's made in Turkey. Either implying that I'm cheap and dont care about quality or that I would support an anti-American corp. Neither of which are true. Its all good man lets move on. I have VERY high expectations for this gun despite the price point. Its got a STELLAR appearance and I expect accuracy and reliability. Will do a range report soon enough

Old 02-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Admittedly, THAT was a genuine and insightful response, and I can appreciate it Tack.

Just felt like a snub attack on my choice of firearm because it's made in Turkey. Either implying that I'm cheap and dont care about quality or that I would support an anti-American corp. Neither of which are true. Its all good man lets move on. I have VERY high expectations for this gun despite the price point. Its got a STELLAR appearance and I expect accuracy and reliability. Will do a range report soon enough
No worries SS...

I own expensive guns... I own inexpensive guns... I own both foreign and domestic guns... I just could not personally own a Muslim built product which again, is my hang up and no reflection on anyones elses purchase.

Tack

Old 03-16-2013, 12:10 AM   #19

Liked 43 Times on 33 Posts

Well i put about 50 rounds of Federal American Eagle 230 grain FMJ through my Girsan MC1911 a couple weeks ago and was very happy with it. Today i ran 100 rounds of a mix of the same Federal A.E. 230 grain, some Corbon +P 200 grain JHP, and Winchester Ranger T-series RA45T through it and the only hiccups came from 3 FTFeed when it hit the Corbon rounds and believe its from the sharper leading ege of the bullet. Other than that it performed even better than a couple weeks ago and my groupings got tighter. I am loving this gun and am very close to getting my night sight dilema worked out. Got a schematic from Budsgunshop on the dimensions of the dovetails just have to convert from mm to inches. Will keep yall posted once i find out what sights will work on it.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:42 AM   #20

Thanks for the update and yes please keep me posted!

I broke down and decided on an AR-15 finally, so the little projects have to wait now