Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > New 460 Rowland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 06:46 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

FCross7:

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

I THINK I can pick out words like: if you want peace, prepare for war; do not provoke offense; superior intelligence, Obama sucks, etc.

So, just what the heck does this translate?

Old 03-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5126 Times on 2669 Posts
Likes Given: 310

update:

just called clark customs to ensure my springfield 1911 arrived safely i mailed it off a week ago. to my surprise they are already done with it!! they are shipping it out tomorrow should have it tuesday!! i cant wait. pics and range report next week.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-10-2011, 11:07 PM   #23

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Great news, Jon! Can't WAIT to read your report! jd45

Old 03-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Update:

just had fedex drop off my springfield 1911A1 with the 460 rowland kit fitted. all i paid was 50$ shipping both ways. fit seems flawless it functions seemingly ok. i love how close the bead blasted bluing on the compensator matches the parkerizing. it no longer rattles with the kit installed :/ im not sure i like that. i just hope the recoil spring has enough oomph to power thru any dirt on the rails.

the idiot scratch isnt mine. the idiot at the gunshop i had the sight staked did that. after that i switched to gander mountain gunsmiths. ill have re-parked at some point.

the gun arrived well lubed and ready to go. im just dreading that first cleaning the 24lb spring is a freekin brute.

i have had trouble with the rear sight falling off in the past i hope that trend doesnt continue on this gun.

going to make ammo this week and take it out this weekend for a good shoot. range report to follow.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 03-15-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #25

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
That compensator looks like it works awesome. She had very minimal muzzle rize! WOW! 2-3 times the ke of a 9mm, and a fraction of the muzzle flip.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 03-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
That compensator looks like it works awesome. She had very minimal muzzle rize! WOW! 2-3 times the ke of a 9mm, and a fraction of the muzzle flip.
if it works the way i think it will be the ultimate OC gun.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:34 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by parinoid54 View Post
To everyone who already has their 460 conversion....

AAARRRRUUUGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It ain't fair, I tell you! It ain't fair!:
I am typing this out with two fingers. My Clark 460 Conversion came on Monday and just like a child on Christmas, I couldn't wait to install it and go fire it (since I ordered Buffalo Bore ammo early). Well, in trying, over and over and over again to get that 24lbs recoil spring in it, and shooting it across the room, I finally, literally, tore off most of a finger nail on my last try.

Now that my trigger finger is wrapped in a heavy bandage, it will still be a while before I get to shoot it.

I hate you guys

Old 03-16-2011, 04:37 AM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

if you dont lose a little blood it aint worth do'in. that spring is aweful to get in place. you gotta do some stretching excersises and a few laps round the block to warm up before you try it. its definately a he-man gun to put together

Old 03-17-2011, 12:12 AM   #29

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts

I took my Kimber TLE and the kit to my Smith and between us after several attempts we were able to get the spring installed.Awesome shooter,easy to get right back on target during rapid fireing.I'm planning on getting my smith to clean it after she gets good and dirty,I'm not about to attempt that spring on my own!

Old 03-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #30

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
if you dont lose a little blood it aint worth do'in. that spring is aweful to get in place. you gotta do some stretching excersises and a few laps round the block to warm up before you try it. its definately a he-man gun to put together
LMFAO!!

What's with these kids today?? Didn't you read the thread where Cane and I went head to head with these monsters?!?

They are NOT for the weak of heart ( or hand ).

Looking forward to your shooting impressions. I thought the thing was a MONSTER and if I reloaded for pistol ammo would still have mine.

JD