Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > New 460 Rowland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 01:59 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5128 Times on 2671 Posts
Likes Given: 311

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
First, if you are going to ship the kit back for fitting just send the slide & kit. Send it USPS Priory Mail and CCG will turn it around in < week. (If you are talking to Renee.)

Second, you NEED the xtra-strength FP spring, trust me. You will get primer flow and shearing with a stock spring.

Here's what you can try before you send it back. Break down the gun and with the barrel removed, use some layout blue (or a felt marker) and paint both the barrel and slide lugs.

Put just the barrel back in the slide and see if it will lock up. Slide the barrel back and forth several times allowing it to lock up while feeling for roughness during lock. Now remove it and look for witness marks on both sets of lugs. If you have the huevos take a file to the high spots, or just send the thing back to CCW.

I hope you are talking to Renee, if not, ask for her! She will walk your fit through the system and get it back to you ASAP. Tell her I miss her here on the FTF.
im gonna send it back to em for a fitting and will ask for renee. its brand new my colt and ithaca barrels interchange in the springfield and the 460 works in the colt and ithaca so there might be something not right with the slide. ill let ccg figure it out.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-27-2011, 02:17 AM   #12

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

By the way Jon, that Springer looks great all manned up with the 460, and will look killer when it goes to battery.

The bead-blast on the comp is an example of Clark's attention to detail that I'm sure you will come to appreciate. Jim Clark Jr. and his band of smiths is a very impressive gaggle!

The design of the comp is brilliant. As a consummate recoil junkie, I find it disappointing! It’s too good!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-27-2011, 02:27 AM   #13

To everyone who already has their 460 conversion....

AAARRRRUUUGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It ain't fair, I tell you! It ain't fair!

Old 02-27-2011, 02:41 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

U

Quote:
By the way Jon, that Springer looks great all manned up with the 460, and will look killer when it goes to battery.

The bead-blast on the comp is an example of Clark's attention to detail that I'm sure you will come to appreciate. Jim Clark Jr. and his band of smiths is a very impressive gaggle!

The design of the comp is brilliant. As a consummate recoil junkie, I find it disappointing! It’s too good!
When I ordered the kit the I asked if I could pay for having the compensator parkerized. They said we can bead blast it no charge and it will match. I have no doubt the fit will be perfect when I get it.

Yeah I'm a bit of a big recoil junky too. I like my 458winmag's shove. I originally bought my DE 50ae for a working big bore magnum semi. I eventually stopped using it. The 460 will handily fill that void with a functional big bore magnum style cartridge. Plus its a 1911.

Now the real question do I put the pink rubber hogue grips on the colt or the 460??

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 02-27-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:37 AM   #15

<---- This guy is jealous. Now that I've got my 1911, its really got me wanting the 460 Rowland conversion.

The only good thing about having to send it in for fitting, is that it gives you some time to get some ammo loaded up. That way, as soon as you get it back you can head straight to the range.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 02-28-2011, 02:21 AM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

How about giving us the English translation to the Greek & Latin stuff. I, for one am curious. Thanx, jd45

Old 02-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd45 View Post
How about giving us the English translation to the Greek & Latin stuff. I, for one am curious. Thanx, jd45
Huh??

and i talked to renee today she said hello canebrake.

they want me to send the whole gun in their smith thinks the bottom lugs need fitting.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #18

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts

I agree with ya on that 24lbs. spring! I got my kit last Friday,took it to my smith on Sat.It took the two of us several attempts to put it together.We put the end plug in the slide,left off the front guide rod,mounted the spring,then slid the front half of the guide rod in and tightened it up.Works like a charm.A little harder to rack the slide.I also put some wraparound Hogue rubber grips on her.Can't wait to shoot this thing!I mounted the kit on my Kimber Custom TLE II (all black).

Old 03-01-2011, 12:53 AM   #19

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transman View Post
I agree with ya on that 24lbs. spring! I got my kit last Friday,took it to my smith on Sat.It took the two of us several attempts to put it together.We put the end plug in the slide,left off the front guide rod,mounted the spring,then slid the front half of the guide rod in and tightened it up.Works like a charm.A little harder to rack the slide.I also put some wraparound Hogue rubber grips on her.Can't wait to shoot this thing!I mounted the kit on my Kimber Custom TLE II (all black).
Want to feel small, I mean walk under a closed door small?

Watch Jim Clark Jr. do the 24# deed;

http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/rowland.htm and click on the Video - Jim Clark Jr Shows you how to install the kit.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 03-01-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:16 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Want to feel small, I mean walk under a closed door small?

Watch Jim Clark Jr. do the 24# deed;

460 Rowland Conversion Kits for your 1911 and click on the Video - Jim Clark Jr Shows you how to install the kit.
no sht he makes it look like he is putting together a 14lb spring....