Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > New 460 Rowland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5126 Times on 2669 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Default New 460 Rowland

bright and early my 460 rowland kit arrived. well packaged along with the 500 empty cases i need to go with. the kind folks at clark custom bead blasted the blued compensator for me to match the parkerized finish of my springfield 1911A1.

however its not all roses evenn tho its cool as hell. getting that 24lb spring in is a bitch. being sick and weak atm from a bad cold doesnt help. boogered up the spring trying. finally got it together and discovered it wont mate up correctly and is binding. so i gotta send the slide in to be fitted.

this as far as it will cycle to the rear. their literature sent with the kit says there is supposed to be a extra power firing pin spring. none was in the kit. i will ask about it when i talk to the folks at clark on monday.

monday its getting shipped off to clark for a fitting.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 02-26-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Please keep us in the loop sick guy.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Please keep us in the loop sick guy.
np what really surprised me about thatt compensator is it actually balances a lot better than i thought. i thought it was going to be a lot more front heavy.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-26-2011, 07:45 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I looked on youtube.com for Renee Tyson shooting the 460. Didn't find it, so had to settle for Johnny Rowland shooting a 1911 & a Mac-10 lookin thing. I have to say I'm VERY impressed by the concept! Hope you feel better soon and, yes, I second the motion you bringing updates. Good luck with it. jd45

Old 02-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd45 View Post
I looked on youtube.com for Renee Tyson shooting the 460. Didn't find it, so had to settle for Johnny Rowland shooting a 1911 & a Mac-10 lookin thing. I have to say I'm VERY impressed by the concept! Hope you feel better soon and, yes, I second the motion you bringing updates. Good luck with it. jd45
http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/video/Rowland.wmv

Old 02-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Jon, I know that Clarks' will take care of you, but you might want to shoot Cane a PM. He had a couple of similar problems with his unit, so he may already have solved this particular issue.

One thing is sure that break works as designed. Really tames recoil on that big .460 round.

JD

Old 02-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Jon, I know that Clarks' will take care of you, but you might want to shoot Cane a PM. He had a couple of similar problems with his unit, so he may already have solved this particular issue.

One thing is sure that break works as designed. Really tames recoil on that big .460 round.

JD
thanks but im going to send it in. its brand new and they will fit it for me. it feels like the barrel link isnt right. it works in my colt series 70 and my ithaca. but the springer is the one i want it in as a dedicated 460 gun. its actually really better looking in real life than i thought. the bead blasted bluing is about as exact a match for the color of the slide as i could hope for.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I'm just saying that Cane might be able to tell you, and Clarks' something that could help because he was down this road before. :shrug:

Old 02-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I'm just saying that Cane might be able to tell you, and Clarks' something that could help because he was down this road before. :shrug:
np ill shoot him a tell.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #10

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

First, if you are going to ship the kit back for fitting just send the slide & kit. Send it USPS Priory Mail and CCG will turn it around in < week. (If you are talking to Renee.)

Second, you NEED the xtra-strength FP spring, trust me. You will get primer flow and shearing with a stock spring.

Here's what you can try before you send it back. Break down the gun and with the barrel removed, use some layout blue (or a felt marker) and paint both the barrel and slide lugs.

Put just the barrel back in the slide and see if it will lock up. Slide the barrel back and forth several times allowing it to lock up while feeling for roughness during lock. Now remove it and look for witness marks on both sets of lugs. If you have the huevos take a file to the high spots, or just send the thing back to CCW.

I hope you are talking to Renee, if not, ask for her! She will walk your fit through the system and get it back to you ASAP. Tell her I miss her here on the FTF.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello