New 460 Rowland
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > New 460 Rowland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 04:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New 460 Rowland

DISCLAIMER: I have not (this time) been drinking kool-aid, but I have taken Ex-Lax to clear my mind.

Buffalo Bore Ammo has release yet another loading of the 460 Rowland; a 185gr load, at 1524 fps, and 954 fpe. Some, like Canebrake, might be interested in a "human disintergrater" load.

I want one.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-03-2011, 06:36 AM   #2

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Next month after payday, I will be ordering a 460 kit.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
Next month after payday, I will be ordering a 460 kit.
I hate you.....I'm still saving for mine.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I'm planning on getting one this year. Look out!!

Old 02-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #5

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

1/2 ton of energy!

Can you say jello heart?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #6

In my OP, I said I want one (and I really do), but other than Canebrake, is there anyone else out there who has a 460 Rowland conversation, or honestly will acquire one, or is this just a fluke for so few, that it matters too little for the rest of us. I remember loads like the 41 Avenger that were just a flash in the pan. Is the 460 in a 1911 a realistic pistol load (woods, hunting, defense - actually, purposefully defensive) or just a "pipe dream"??? Carrying a 5" pistol w/a comp on it is to say the least difficult, let alone that anyone would actually do so mainly for self defense (although self defense does not have to be just human - there are DEMONcrates and zombies out there).

Those of us older than our cars have experienced new miracle loads that have come and gone. No, I am realistic enough that I do not expect a huge number to seek this conversation, but do you believe that enough of 1911 carriers would actually do so? Such loads die out fairly quickly, with no factory loads available.

Okay, time for kool-aid. Bye!

Last edited by parinoid54; 02-04-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

parinoid, I will have one by the end of the year and hopefully before deer season as it meets all the requirements to hunt with here in NC. The idea of 44mag power in a 1911 style pistol is just awesome to me and as long as I have brass and powder I can continue to feed it. Will it be a flash in the pan? I don't know but if it is I can change a few springs and shoot 45acp or change the barrel and I'm back to a full size 1911 like everyone else has.
There are several other members here who have 460s and I hope to be one of them in the near future.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5991 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by parinoid54 View Post
In my OP, I said I want one (and I really do), but other than Canebrake, is there anyone else out there who has a 460 Rowland conversation, or honestly will acquire one, or is this just a fluke for so few, that it matters too little for the rest of us. I remember loads like the 41 Avenger that were just a flash in the pan. Is the 460 in a 1911 a realistic pistol load (woods, hunting, defense - actually, purposefully defensive) or just a "pipe dream"??? Carrying a 5" pistol w/a comp on it is to say the least difficult, let alone that anyone would actually do so mainly for self defense (although self defense does not have to be just human - there are DEMONcrates and zombies out there).

Those of us older than our cars have experienced new miracle loads that have come and gone. No, I am realistic enough that I do not expect a huge number to seek this conversation, but do you believe that enough of 1911 carriers would actually do so? Such loads die out fairly quickly, with no factory loads available.

Okay, time for kool-aid. Bye!
the 460 has been around for a little over 10 years.

the main attraction is if you already load for the 45 acp all you need is 460 brass. no extra dies or special components.

the 460 advertisement has mainly been word of mouth without any real push by major gunmakers its doing fairly well. its on my very very very shortlist to buy atm.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
parinoid, I will have one by the end of the year and hopefully before deer season as it meets all the requirements to hunt with here in NC. The idea of 44mag power in a 1911 style pistol is just awesome to me and as long as I have brass and powder I can continue to feed it. Will it be a flash in the pan? I don't know but if it is I can change a few springs and shoot 45acp or change the barrel and I'm back to a full size 1911 like everyone else has.
There are several other members here who have 460s and I hope to be one of them in the near future.
Before joing here I didn't own a 1911. I didn't even know much about them! Now, I've owned two before finding my keeper.

I didn't know anything about the .460 Rowland either, but at the price who wouldn't want one if they own a 1911? I already know for sure it would just be a drop in on my Kimber.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #10

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

While I didn't shoot mine at the last bowling pin match - I will endeavor to do so at this month's match...