Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   New 460 Rowland (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/new-460-rowland-37834/)

parinoid54 02-03-2011 03:34 AM

New 460 Rowland
 
DISCLAIMER: I have not (this time) been drinking kool-aid, but I have taken Ex-Lax to clear my mind.

Buffalo Bore Ammo has release yet another loading of the 460 Rowland; a 185gr load, at 1524 fps, and 954 fpe. Some, like Canebrake, might be interested in a "human disintergrater" load.:eek:

I want one.

DarinCraft 02-03-2011 05:36 AM

Next month after payday, I will be ordering a 460 kit.

spittinfire 02-03-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarinCraft (Post 435992)
Next month after payday, I will be ordering a 460 kit.

I hate you.....I'm still saving for mine.

Gojubrian 02-03-2011 02:02 PM

I'm planning on getting one this year. Look out!!

canebrake 02-03-2011 02:25 PM

1/2 ton of energy! :p

Can you say jello heart?

parinoid54 02-04-2011 10:18 AM

In my OP, I said I want one (and I really do), but other than Canebrake, is there anyone else out there who has a 460 Rowland conversation, or honestly will acquire one, or is this just a fluke for so few, that it matters too little for the rest of us. I remember loads like the 41 Avenger that were just a flash in the pan. Is the 460 in a 1911 a realistic pistol load (woods, hunting, defense - actually, purposefully defensive) or just a "pipe dream"???:confused: Carrying a 5" pistol w/a comp on it is to say the least difficult, let alone that anyone would actually do so mainly for self defense (although self defense does not have to be just human - there are DEMONcrates and zombies out there).

Those of us older than our cars have experienced new miracle loads that have come and gone. No, I am realistic enough that I do not expect a huge number to seek this conversation, but do you believe that enough of 1911 carriers would actually do so? Such loads die out fairly quickly, with no factory loads available. :(

Okay, time for kool-aid. Bye!

spittinfire 02-04-2011 11:45 AM

parinoid, I will have one by the end of the year and hopefully before deer season as it meets all the requirements to hunt with here in NC. The idea of 44mag power in a 1911 style pistol is just awesome to me and as long as I have brass and powder I can continue to feed it. Will it be a flash in the pan? I don't know but if it is I can change a few springs and shoot 45acp or change the barrel and I'm back to a full size 1911 like everyone else has.
There are several other members here who have 460s and I hope to be one of them in the near future.

JonM 02-04-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parinoid54 (Post 436829)
In my OP, I said I want one (and I really do), but other than Canebrake, is there anyone else out there who has a 460 Rowland conversation, or honestly will acquire one, or is this just a fluke for so few, that it matters too little for the rest of us. I remember loads like the 41 Avenger that were just a flash in the pan. Is the 460 in a 1911 a realistic pistol load (woods, hunting, defense - actually, purposefully defensive) or just a "pipe dream"???:confused: Carrying a 5" pistol w/a comp on it is to say the least difficult, let alone that anyone would actually do so mainly for self defense (although self defense does not have to be just human - there are DEMONcrates and zombies out there).

Those of us older than our cars have experienced new miracle loads that have come and gone. No, I am realistic enough that I do not expect a huge number to seek this conversation, but do you believe that enough of 1911 carriers would actually do so? Such loads die out fairly quickly, with no factory loads available. :(

Okay, time for kool-aid. Bye!

the 460 has been around for a little over 10 years.

the main attraction is if you already load for the 45 acp all you need is 460 brass. no extra dies or special components.

the 460 advertisement has mainly been word of mouth without any real push by major gunmakers its doing fairly well. its on my very very very shortlist to buy atm.

Gojubrian 02-04-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 436848)
parinoid, I will have one by the end of the year and hopefully before deer season as it meets all the requirements to hunt with here in NC. The idea of 44mag power in a 1911 style pistol is just awesome to me and as long as I have brass and powder I can continue to feed it. Will it be a flash in the pan? I don't know but if it is I can change a few springs and shoot 45acp or change the barrel and I'm back to a full size 1911 like everyone else has.
There are several other members here who have 460s and I hope to be one of them in the near future.

Before joing here I didn't own a 1911. I didn't even know much about them! Now, I've owned two before finding my keeper.

I didn't know anything about the .460 Rowland either, but at the price who wouldn't want one if they own a 1911? I already know for sure it would just be a drop in on my Kimber. :D :cool:

NGIB 02-04-2011 02:23 PM

While I didn't shoot mine at the last bowling pin match - I will endeavor to do so at this month's match...


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:56 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.