New 1911 manufacturer in tennessee
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > New 1911 manufacturer in tennessee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2598 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Default New 1911 manufacturer in tennessee

Has anyone had any experience with Maximus Arms of Gallatin TN. The are producing what looks to be some nice 1911s?
I was reading my June copy of American Rifleman today and the add caught my eye. Went to their website. Not an inexpensive piece but very interesting.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Were waiting on you 03, to purchase one and give us a range report on its performance. What the hell are ya waiting on??

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

A big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Christmas gift from my fellow Forum Friend IGETEVEN!

If I can get to Gallatin TN. in the near future I do want to stop by and take a close look at them. Just was interesting after looking at all the headings on their website. If you get a chance pull the website up and see what you think. I guess I was impressed about them manufacturing all of the parts and frames here in the USA.
They look pretty good in the pictures on their site!

Old 06-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Interesting! Those are out of my price range, but very nice looking. I don't guess i've ever seen an aperature site on a pistol, cool.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #5

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Well if they are as good as they say, they will definitely be a heavy consideration for the medium priced market. The 17-4PH steel cast sounds interesting as well as they incorporating the plunger tube to be part of the frame itself, as an integral plunger tube that can’t come loose. Comes with a lot of bells and whistles, even in the cheapest model, the Centurion @ $1672 and they have everything I would need. I wonder if there will be any price reductions in time?

http://www.maximusarms.com/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I agree a little pricey! I would want to know a whole lot more about them and need another 1911 45 Pistol before I would ever seriously think about buying one. I am always sceptical of new untried products. And $1600 is a lot of money to find out about them. But they are impressive on the website. The best 1911 style 45 I have is a Rock River Arms Inc. Elite Commando. (Later called the Pro Carry in the later catalogs.) Colt did not like them using the word Commando! And the Maximus pistols would have to be something to out do the Rock River Arms I own. It holds around a one to one and a half inch group at 50 yards out of the ransom rest!

Old 06-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

just about every feature i hate in a 1911 from beaver tails to adjustable fibre sights to stainless steel.

by the time i got done removing front serrations front strap checkering and rails etc i would spend another 3k$.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #8

Default Maximus arms, llc

You might want to take another peek at www.maximusarms.com.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #9

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

MSRP like that it best be one hell of a pistol.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #10

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

The problem is, that's Dan Wesson, Baer, and Brown territory. They'll find it hard to sway buyers away from those brands who have a proven track record and long standing reputation. Congrats to them for sure, but they've got an uphill battle to forge a spot for themselves.