Need some help if possible
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Need some help if possible

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Default Need some help if possible

Hey All,

Turning 45 this June. I keep telling my wife that EVERY man deserves a .45 on his 45th B-Day.. I have tried almost every reason that I can come up with.
Even telling her that If I get a .45, she can have her PT111 Pro back as that's what I usually carry.. She's still not going for it. Mainly because we have several pistols to choose from but not one .45..

This forum has some very well trained members more excelled in "mental warfare" than I. So, What are some points that I should use in this situation ?

Am looking into a Kimber. Model yet to be determined as I love them all.
$600.00 to $1000.00 is the budget so many brands and models to choose from. But if the little woman resists, I just might have to go a month without some lovin'.. And that is not acceptable !

So, Some ideas needed to "convince" the wife would be helpful..

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #2

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 03-30-2010, 11:01 PM   #3

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Has she shot a .45? take her to a range and rent one for an hour and let her pop some caps. Then again, she may be giving you a hard time all the while planning on getting you one!

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:42 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
Uh.. Not in this case.. Irish temper that I've seen in 3 times in 4 years.. Ain't goin' there Bud !!
But she is still really cool about firearms. When I brought home the Bushy M4, the first thing she asked was "when are we going shooting ?".. Now, THAT'S a keeper in my opinion..

Old 03-30-2010, 11:53 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Has she shot a .45? take her to a range and rent one for an hour and let her pop some caps. Then again, she may be giving you a hard time all the while planning on getting you one!
Hmm. Good point. No, she's never shot a .45 . Her exposure to pistols was only the 9's..She liked it so I got her the PT111..She didn't like my Ruger because her fingers were too short.
As for the hard time about it makes sense now.. She would do that ! But would really suck If I got my hopes up and no .45..

Now, 'm trying the aspect of 1 shot or 3 ?.. "If" someone grabbed her or my daughter, would 1 round fired or 3 rounds fired be more preferred ?.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:58 AM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, let me ask you this. How many pistols do you have that are NOT .45's??

Because if the argument is that you have a lot of pistols already, there is no reason NOT to sell a couple of them to make room below the "Too Many" line.

While that is not my preferred method, there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for a grown man NOT to have at least a .45 in his arsenal and preferably a 1911.

How much time do you have to bribe her with something she might like before your birthday?

Old 03-31-2010, 01:08 AM   #7

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I thought it was a rule that men were supposed to have a .45 by the time they where 45.

I'm with the got too many 9's unload one or two and get a .45. I stopped myself at two 9mm and two .40's..Got a few 45's though

Old 03-31-2010, 02:04 AM   #8

Liked 2015 Times on 1110 Posts
Likes Given: 1346

I didn't realize how much I would love the 1911 platform until I bought one. You just can't go wrong. Talk her into shooting one. Once you have held one, nothing else feels quite right.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:04 PM   #9

To quote a very wise person: "Why a .45? because it is the best!"
We have 9 mm's and .38's and several NATO types. The 1911 platform has been proven more than once to be the best, that is why everyone compares theirs to it......
I agree, reduce the 9 mm inventory and get a 1911. As we talked about in other threads, the Rock Island is as good as you can get for just shooting. They are dependable and not very expensive. We purchased two for our duaghters for Christmas several years ago and they have performed with out any issues. We have a variety of Colt's, Remingtons, Ithaca's , US&S's and Springield, Mass. 1911's and 1911A1's. Our range 1911A1 is a Remington National Match manufactured in 1945. This is one fine shooter. The Rock Island would be a good starter for you and your wife and then you can build on that. JMHO.

1911....enough said!

Old 03-31-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Good luck with your .45.

I'm already looking forward to your post when you turn 50!

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs