Need Help!! NIB Delta Elite Original
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Need Help!! NIB Delta Elite Original

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Need Help!! NIB Delta Elite Original

Got a line on this. Asking $1k Supposedly brand new, unfired. Tell me about it? Worth it. I'm really thinking about buying it and keeping it new/unfired. I've included a shot of the box, if you can let me know the year of the gun.

This is what I know:

Quote:
Hello sorry it took so long but that colt delta elite is ready to w sold now. It's in new condition with box and everything it came with. I think we have the original sales receipt too. I think he is asking 1,000$ I don't think he'd go to much lower but send an offer and if it's a good one then we can meet for a showing of the gun.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Last edited by jamesb; 08-08-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3094 Times on 1778 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

I'd consider doing that price if I had a chance to look at it and it passed my inspection.

Check the area of the firing pin plunger. That will tell if it is no longer NIB. If the disconnector cut-out is damaged in any way (other than for the firing pin plunger), than it is not NIB.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
I'd consider doing that price if I had a chance to look at it and it passed my inspection.

Check the area of the firing pin plunger. That will tell if it is no longer NIB. If the disconnector cut-out is damaged in any way (other than for the firing pin plunger), than it is not NIB.
Firing pin plunger is on the bottom of the slide inside correct? It would have wear on it from the slide sliding back and forth if it was fired.

It was fired from the factory though right?

Also, not to sound dumb, but what is the disconnector cut out?

EDIT: Is this the plunger and disconnector cut out?

Last edited by jamesb; 08-08-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3094 Times on 1778 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

You got it! The area from the plunger tube and going towards safety cut-out will start to get "peened" after a while.

And, yes, the factory does shoot a little through it to make sure it works as advertised.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #5

Thanks. I've offered $800 based on some research. I think $1k is towards the high end. If I wanted to sell it down the road I think i'd sit on it for a while. If he takes my offer that would be awesome, but we will see.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #6

Liked 699 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 1107

$800 would be an excellent deal, good luck.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #7

Thanks. Person working the deal said the owner felt $800 was low. Said he may settle at $900. I passed and told him if he wants it my offer stands.

Afterwards I saw that they listed a NIB Colt Python Stainless 6" with rubber grips, but it was posted for......$2,900. It's worth closer to $2k so I think he doesn't really know what to sell them for and is just trying to get as much as he can for all the guns. I guess they don't want to sell the firearms quickly. I believe a family member died or something and that is why they are offloading all these.

While that is a crappy circumstance, i'm not paying these prices. Dealers probably would offer less than I did. Hopefully he changes his mind. I'll follow up in a week to see if he is still sitting on it.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #8

Liked 699 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 1107

I've seen the blued like you were looking at for under $1000.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 81 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 15

According to the American Rifleman a couple years ago, some Pythons go for tens of thousands of dollars depending on age, finish (blue, stainless, bright stainless, nickel ...) and barrel length.

I still have a couple, but intend on holding on to them ... they're still favorite shooters. I traded a 3" Blue Special Edition / Custom Shop a long time ago, and it turns out it was fairly rare and worth big bucks.

I've seen some in the local gun shops for ~$2000-3000 ... some in "well-used" shape.