Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Need help!! Cant find what im looking for. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/need-help-cant-find-what-im-looking-82069/)

broke-again124 01-21-2013 10:00 PM

Need help!! Cant find what im looking for.

I just saw a kimber classic carry pro in a magazine and I'm hooked. That is exactly what I've been looking for as far as looks go. The finish, the bobtail, the grips. Everything. But here's the issue, I don't want a kimber. So my question is, are there any guns ou there that look like this one. Charcoal bluing, bone grips, bobtail etc. I prefer colt or Springfield.

broke-again124 01-21-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broke-again124
I just saw a kimber classic carry pro in a magazine and I'm hooked. That is exactly what I've been looking for as far as looks go. The finish, the bobtail, the grips. Everything. But here's the issue, I don't want a kimber. So my question is, are there any guns ou there that look like this one. Charcoal bluing, bone grips, bobtail etc. I prefer colt or Springfield.

I just LOVE how clean this gun looks. Help me find one like it PLEASE!

limbkiller 01-21-2013 10:17 PM

Look at Dan Wesson. I wouldn't want a Mimber either.

broke-again124 01-21-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limbkiller
Look at Dan Wesson. I wouldn't want a Mimber either.

I have no experience with Dan Wesson at all. This gun must be exceptionally well made and of the best quality. Do these fit the bill?

qwiksdraw 01-22-2013 12:12 AM

Oh, I thought you were looking for AMMO!

limbkiller 01-22-2013 01:51 AM

For the money some of the best made.

danf_fl 01-22-2013 10:20 AM

IMO, you should not even try to compare a DW to a Kimber.

While I have room for a DW in my safe, I do not seem to find any room for a Kimber.

broke-again124 01-22-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
IMO, you should not even try to compare a DW to a Kimber.

While I have room for a DW in my safe, I do not seem to find any room for a Kimber.

Understood

Max-Q 01-22-2013 01:07 PM

First have you ever shot a bobtail gun? While it may look cool or feel good in a store it might not be for you.

I own a bobtail Ed Brown Kobra Carry and I do not like shooting the bobtail. It causes the gun to twist up and to the right slightly with each shot. I far prefer any one of my three 1911's with a standard grip.

I'm not sure where the Kimber hate comes from but it seems like maybe it's a lot of people spouting out things they've heard with no real experience. I own three Kimbers and I've never had a single problem. I also have a few friends with them and I haven't seen a malfunction or heard a single complaint from any one of them.

Jstrong 01-22-2013 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by broke-again124

I have no experience with Dan Wesson at all. This gun must be exceptionally well made and of the best quality. Do these fit the bill?

They are everything you want it to be, all bar stock steel internals. Absolutely no MIM. Hand fitted together to A semi-custom quality. Checkering in all the right places, and I believe they are the look you want.

The best production 1911's you can buy.

Here's my VBOB.

Attachment 80876

Just look up reviews on them,they speak for themselves.