Navy Seal Foundation SR1911
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Navy Seal Foundation SR1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default Navy Seal Foundation SR1911

Just saw my first one at a LGS yesterday. I initially thought it was a gorgeous gun until they took it out of the case and let me play with it. Completely changed my mind.
The gun just looks cobbled together from parts. Nothing on the gun looks like it matches the rest of the pistol. The slide has a gorgeous gloss bluing, but only on the flats. The top of the slide is matte. There are gold inlays on the slide behind the serrations that look out of place on the gun. The frame is completely matte, even the flats. So it doesn't look like it belongs with the slide. Slide to frame fit was noticeably loose and the grip safety was terribly loose and rattled side to side.

For $1115, I was very unimpressed with the gun. Anyone else seen or handled one of these?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2680 Times on 1304 Posts
Likes Given: 1348

I saw one myself! In my opinion it is a funky looking pistol as you have stated. I sure would have thought being the Navy Seal Model they could have done a whole lot better! Would I buy one? NOT!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 07-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #3

Liked 946 Times on 504 Posts
Likes Given: 710

I have seen only one but it wasn't the tightest gun. As far as the top of the slide not being blue NO guns are unless you request that from a custom shop. Glare from a shiny slide on top is frowned upon on the top of 1911's. Not a good thing. Is it worth the money . AHHHHHHHH maybe.

USMC 74-78