Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   my wife has made her decision (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/my-wife-has-made-her-decision-54095/)

MrWray 12-24-2011 11:05 PM

my wife has made her decision

A few months ago i started a thread about my wife wanting her own handgun. I threw out some suggestions but she didnt really know what she wanted. A couple of weeks ago she stated that she really liked my 1911 and wanted to shoot it because its sexy and she is now interested in wanting one. I took her out a few hours ago and let her shoot a few mags through mine. Afterwards she told me that she definately wants a 1911 and wanted to keep shooting it. I am pretty proud of her to say the least, all it took was a few shots and she was hooked. She is wanting a commander size .45,so during tax season we are going 1911 shopping and i cant wait.

UrbanNinja 12-24-2011 11:10 PM

Have you checked out the Kimber Solo Carry? Its a nice piece. Ive actually considered one for myself for PD.

HOSSFLY 12-24-2011 11:13 PM

Wise lady with great taste (in handguns) :D

UrbanNinja 12-24-2011 11:17 PM

I meant the Super Carry. Im having a bad day with my thoughts.. I hope Christmas ends fast, it has my head cluttered. :(

MrWray 12-24-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanNinja
Have you checked out the Kimber Solo Carry? Its a nice piece. Ive actually considered one for myself for PD.

Nothing against kimber owners but i do not like them.they are pretty i give them that,but ive had 3 friends that have bought them and all 3 had constant problems. Now of course im gonna let her pick the one that she wants,but she said that she wants my input. So since she wants me to help her choose im not gonna prefer kimber or taurus due to first hand experience and bad reviews.

UrbanNinja 12-24-2011 11:43 PM

I should have figured after the "customer service" comment the other day. Lol. Does she specifically want a .45? The Smith & Wesson 5906 is a nice little 1911 in 9mm. Reminds me a bit of the colt defender.

MrWray 12-25-2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

I should have figured after the "customer service" comment the other day. Lol. Does she specifically want a .45? The Smith & Wesson 5906 is a nice little 1911 in 9mm. Reminds me a bit of the colt defender.

Lol...you know i havent really discussed that with her.i just figured that since she fell in love with shooting mine,she would want the .45..she handled the recoil really good and was pretty accurate with it.she shot a cat litter container up from 10yds

UrbanNinja 12-25-2011 12:15 AM

What is she using it for? Carry or range? My wife loves to shoot my .45 but she prefers to have her 9mm for carry. "It would be easier to recover And aim from recoil in a self defense situation" she says.

MrWray 12-25-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
Wise lady with great taste (in handguns) :D

Yessir, she is pretty excited. She is telling me that she is wanting "a silver one and wants to get the white pearl grips" :-)

MrWray 12-25-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

What is she using it for? Carry or range? My wife loves to shoot my .45 but she prefers to have her 9mm for carry. "It would be easier to recover And aim from recoil in a self defense situation" she says.

Well the term "range" for us is my 40acres so we just shoot whenever, and we do plan on getting her CCP. I already have her conceal carry certificate we just need to finish the rest of it.