Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > My take on my new 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default My take on my new 1911

Over the years, I've handled and shot lots of different pistols from semi's to wheel guns. I saved some pennies and purchased my first very own 1911 in the form of a Springfield Loaded. While it is not the only 1911 I've fired, it is mine to love and care for.

The pointability is just amazing. No grip changing or angle adjustments. The perfect balance and form feels like an extension of my arm. The sights stay steady because of that balance. It is actually easier to stay on sight than my S&W 4" Model 10.

The trigger is crisp and clean. No long pull, no mush-just snap. Being a lefty, I wanted the ambi safety. It's location is just natural and it clicks off just as crisply as the trigger.

I'm hooked, and I don't think I could ever buy anymore poly guns.

Of course, these are my opinions based on what I like and my experience.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Huh. Another convert to a weapon that is over 100 years old in design and SOMEHOW still seems to out class, out shoot and out everything all the Johnnie come lately pistols.

How does this keep happening??

John Moses Browning for the WIN!!!

Congrats on the new pistol Skull

Old 03-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Skull, when I'm selling firearms I put many different guns in people's hand until they find the right plastic that suits them. Often I don't let them look at the price tag because many people have a price in their head and they end up settling for firearm that really does not fit their hand right, just their pocketbook.

It never fails to amaze me and the really weird thing about 1911s is they seem to fit everyones hand just right. I put any 1911 handgun in any customer's hand and I get an immediate response like; O-yeah, I like this!

Have fun with your new 1911 and just remember to take your others handguns out once in awhile and give them a little oil and say a nice word or two to them.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I understand your feelings and observations completely. There's just something about a 1911.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #5

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

The only bad thing about a 1911 is that they are more addictive than potato chips. I vaguely remember when I had just one of them - back up to 6 now...

Old 03-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #6

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Glad you're a 1911 man now, Skull.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Huh. Another convert to a weapon that is over 100 years old in design and SOMEHOW still seems to out class, out shoot and out everything all the Johnnie come lately pistols.
I might have argued this point in the not so distant past... but the last few trips to the range my 1911 and I have done some major bonding and while I do still have a special place in my heart for my G19 (it was my first, what do you expect), Ive been shooting my best, most consistant groups with my 1911 as of late. Like you said, the balance is amazing and it makes aiming feel very natural.

What can I say, Im sold.

Congrats on the new pistol Skull, hope you enjoy it as much as I have been enjoying mine.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Funny isn't it? Around Christmas time, my uncle was visiting and mentioned that he thought it was about time to buy his first handgun, to use for home defense purposes. The next day I brought out all my pistols and my sister and dad did the same. As my uncle handled each one in turn, he got to my 1911 and mentioned "Wow, I like the way that feels." I just smiled and recommended a good 4" .357 for his first handgun, but next time he makes it over the mountains to visit, we'll go shoot and see what he likes and feels comfortable with.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
The only bad thing about a 1911 is that they are more addictive than potato chips. I vaguely remember when I had just one of them - back up to 6 now...
Quoted for Da Truth!!

I got 5 myself, with sights set on adding a Centennial Edition made by somebody in the next calendar cycle.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quoted for Da Truth!!

I got 5 myself, with sights set on adding a Centennial Edition made by somebody in the next calendar cycle.
Showoff!

You need a kid or two. At your young age, you have too much. Gonna turn you into a non-breeder.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!