Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   My take on my new 1911 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/my-take-my-new-1911-a-24292/)

skullcrusher 03-06-2010 04:28 PM

My take on my new 1911

Over the years, I've handled and shot lots of different pistols from semi's to wheel guns. I saved some pennies and purchased my first very own 1911 in the form of a Springfield Loaded. While it is not the only 1911 I've fired, it is mine to love and care for.

The pointability is just amazing. No grip changing or angle adjustments. The perfect balance and form feels like an extension of my arm. The sights stay steady because of that balance. It is actually easier to stay on sight than my S&W 4" Model 10.

The trigger is crisp and clean. No long pull, no mush-just snap. Being a lefty, I wanted the ambi safety. It's location is just natural and it clicks off just as crisply as the trigger.

I'm hooked, and I don't think I could ever buy anymore poly guns.

Of course, these are my opinions based on what I like and my experience. :)

Dillinger 03-06-2010 04:47 PM

Huh. Another convert to a weapon that is over 100 years old in design and SOMEHOW still seems to out class, out shoot and out everything all the Johnnie come lately pistols. :confused::eek:

How does this keep happening?? ;)

John Moses Browning for the WIN!!!

Congrats on the new pistol Skull

hunter Joe 03-06-2010 04:51 PM

Skull, when I'm selling firearms I put many different guns in people's hand until they find the right plastic that suits them. Often I don't let them look at the price tag because many people have a price in their head and they end up settling for firearm that really does not fit their hand right, just their pocketbook.

It never fails to amaze me and the really weird thing about 1911s is they seem to fit everyones hand just right. I put any 1911 handgun in any customer's hand and I get an immediate response like; O-yeah, I like this!

Have fun with your new 1911 and just remember to take your others handguns out once in awhile and give them a little oil and say a nice word or two to them.

CA357 03-06-2010 05:57 PM

I understand your feelings and observations completely. There's just something about a 1911.

NGIB 03-06-2010 06:16 PM

The only bad thing about a 1911 is that they are more addictive than potato chips. I vaguely remember when I had just one of them - back up to 6 now...

lonyaeger 03-06-2010 06:33 PM

Glad you're a 1911 man now, Skull. :)

Megaton 03-06-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 242457)
Huh. Another convert to a weapon that is over 100 years old in design and SOMEHOW still seems to out class, out shoot and out everything all the Johnnie come lately pistols. :confused::eek:

I might have argued this point in the not so distant past... :o but the last few trips to the range my 1911 and I have done some major bonding and while I do still have a special place in my heart for my G19 (it was my first, what do you expect), Ive been shooting my best, most consistant groups with my 1911 as of late. Like you said, the balance is amazing and it makes aiming feel very natural.

What can I say, Im sold. :D

Congrats on the new pistol Skull, hope you enjoy it as much as I have been enjoying mine.

russ 03-06-2010 07:43 PM

Funny isn't it? Around Christmas time, my uncle was visiting and mentioned that he thought it was about time to buy his first handgun, to use for home defense purposes. The next day I brought out all my pistols and my sister and dad did the same. As my uncle handled each one in turn, he got to my 1911 and mentioned "Wow, I like the way that feels." I just smiled and recommended a good 4" .357 for his first handgun, but next time he makes it over the mountains to visit, we'll go shoot and see what he likes and feels comfortable with.

Dillinger 03-06-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 242502)
The only bad thing about a 1911 is that they are more addictive than potato chips. I vaguely remember when I had just one of them - back up to 6 now...

Quoted for Da Truth!!

I got 5 myself, with sights set on adding a Centennial Edition made by somebody in the next calendar cycle.

skullcrusher 03-06-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 242559)
Quoted for Da Truth!!

I got 5 myself, with sights set on adding a Centennial Edition made by somebody in the next calendar cycle.

Showoff! :p

You need a kid or two. At your young age, you have too much. Gonna turn you into a non-breeder. :D