You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

My RIAsc getting there!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 130 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Default My RIAsc getting there!

My ARMSCOR/RIA officers model has not been without it's trials but I think it's on the way to a trusted "packer". A new Colt mag release, Ed brown safety and slimline Alumagrips with new hardware make it feel look and handle well and I've found the Nighthawk Custom mags to be what I need. I was shocked and dismayed by the Wilson Combat mags incompatibility with my little gun. A few more new mags and it will be test time again!!

File Type: jpg Old folks home 002.jpg (31.5 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Old folks home 003.jpg (27.6 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by p35bhp55; 10-11-2014 at 08:11 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-23-2014, 01:05 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

What model do you have

Glock73

Old 10-23-2014, 09:43 AM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4785 Times on 2669 Posts
Likes Given: 2357

My compliments. It's looking good!

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 10-24-2014, 12:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock73 View Post
What model do you have

Glock73
Other than it's an "officer" size gun I really don't know, they refer to it as the CS. Compact size?

Old 10-24-2014, 12:34 AM   #5
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3394 Times on 2296 Posts
Likes Given: 710

I have the 1911-9MM Tactical 5"(gov't size). I was looking for the Commander size, similar to the Springfield Range Officer Compact(I think) ...I really don't shoot 45ACP anymore, or else I have a few 45ACP 1911's (3 Colts, and an Auto Ord. That was presented to my Dad by the then CEO in the 1970's)

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #6

[QUOTE=DrFootball;1653910]I have the 1911-9MM Tactical 5"(gov't size). I was looking for the Commander size, similar to the Springfield Range Officer Compact(I think) ...I really don't shoot 45ACP anymore, or else I have a few 45ACP 1911's (3 Colts, and an Auto Ord. That was presented to my Dad by the then CEO in the 197

I've got a pair of High Powers, kinda fills the 9mm role for me. I have a buddy who is looking for a gun like mine in 9mm. I heard about them but haven't held one.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:34 PM   #7

It's over, had so much going on that I never finished the little gun. Ended up with Nighthawk mags with steel Wilson bases, we finally took it out and shot it to exhaustion with The white box Federal HPs in 230 gr. no problems at all. Really had to do it, gave my G27 to my son and really needed to feel good about my mini 45.