My Review of the Springfield Armory 9mm EMP
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > My Review of the Springfield Armory 9mm EMP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default My Review of the Springfield Armory 9mm EMP

Firearms, ammo, weapons, gear reviews, 2nd Amendment issues, etc...: Springfield Armory 9mm EMP 1911 Review

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Good review. Thanks.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #3

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

I respect your review. I own both the 9 and the 40. I had a couple of issues with the 40 which Springfield took great care of in short order - one problem was a bad magazine. They also polished the feed ramp and discovered a dead sight which they replaced. They also sent me a new mag when I discovered that some of the problem was the mag. I find that both the 9 and the 40 are real tack drivers and super accurate. I love shooting the 9 and and enjoy shooting the 40. As far as the base of the mags protruding. I too hated it. If you google up John Harrison you will find that he is a master smith. I had him change two of my 40's and one of the 9 mags and make them into a flush fit. Beautiful work but expensive. $45 each but it really makes a difference in concealment. You do lose one round capacity but I still consider my purchase to be worth it. John also does other work on the EMP's but too rich for my blood. I think the EMP's are great guns and worth the investment. I carry the 40 when the weather is cold and sweatshirts are in order. Good luck with your EMP. I hope you will enjoy it.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"

Old 05-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Good review. Thanks.
You're welcome. I try to write an unbiased view.