Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   My new Kimber is no longer new! Range report! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/my-new-kimber-no-longer-new-range-report-67709/)

DodgerBlue 07-06-2012 01:49 AM

My new Kimber is no longer new! Range report!
 
Since I have been away I traded off my SIGs Ultra 2 tone compact 1911 and my Nitron Carry commander with custom holster for two Kimbers. Ultra Crimson Carry and the work horse Custom II

After sitting on my last two SIG 1911s since Feb 2012 and trading them NIB for a NIB Ultra Crimson Carry and gently used Custom II 3 weeks ago and a few days ago respectively, I got to Caswells indoor range and got some trigger time.

The NIB Ultra Crimson was field stripped only for anti rust reasons a few back.

So at the range I loaded two NIB Kimber magazines with the welded base plate right out of the package. I also had about 4-5 other used magazines I bought from another forum.

Ammo fired was---WWB 230 grain-50 count,---Hornady Zombie with green soft tip 185 grain-15 count,---Hornady Critical Defense with the red soft tip 185 grain-7 count,---Winchester Bonded JHP 225 grain-21 count. Plus I had a hand full of misc. .45 acp FMJ lying on the bottom of my bag. 93 boxed rounds down range and about 20 misc. for a total of 113.

First shot new gun new magazine FTE. I thought to myself I wasn't ready but I still fired. I called it a limp wrist and moved on. For the next 112 rounds perfection. The two new magazines as well as the ones I got from some the guys on another forum ran perfect.

Crimson Trace @ 15 feet was awesome. If I were a better shooter my rounds would have all gone through the same hole! I was trying one handed alot and the laser really shows the truth about how much you're moving!

Zombie on left was one handed with one mag trying for the pizza, middle target was right where I wanted even the two shoulder shots were I wanted them. Right target was first time ever shooting a ultra compact and a bit here and there.

In short, I love my Ultra Crimson!!
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/...0/DSCI0001.jpg http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/...DSCI0009-1.jpg

sdiver35 07-06-2012 01:54 AM

Congrats on the new Kimber! I have the Tactical Ultra II in my carry rotation and love it.

winds-of-change 07-06-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DodgerBlue (Post 860572)
I also had about 4-5 other used magazines I bought from another forum.

Very nice shooting, Dodger. But what's this I read? There IS no other forum. :mad:

g17frantz 07-06-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DodgerBlue
Since I have been away I traded off my SIGs Ultra 2 tone compact 1911 and my Nitron Carry commander with custom holster for two Kimbers. Ultra Crimson Carry and the work horse Custom II

After sitting on my last two SIG 1911s since Feb 2012 and trading them NIB for a NIB Ultra Crimson Carry and gently used Custom II 3 weeks ago and a few days ago respectively, I got to Caswells indoor range and got some trigger time.

The NIB Ultra Crimson was field stripped only for anti rust reasons a few back.

So at the range I loaded two NIB Kimber magazines with the welded base plate right out of the package. I also had about 4-5 other used magazines I bought from another forum.

Ammo fired was---WWB 230 grain-50 count,---Hornady Zombie with green soft tip 185 grain-15 count,---Hornady Critical Defense with the red soft tip 185 grain-7 count,---Winchester Bonded JHP 225 grain-21 count. Plus I had a hand full of misc. .45 acp FMJ lying on the bottom of my bag. 93 boxed rounds down range and about 20 misc. for a total of 113.

First shot new gun new magazine FTE. I thought to myself I wasn't ready but I still fired. I called it a limp wrist and moved on. For the next 112 rounds perfection. The two new magazines as well as the ones I got from some the guys on another forum ran perfect.

Crimson Trace @ 15 feet was awesome. If I were a better shooter my rounds would have all gone through the same hole! I was trying one handed alot and the laser really shows the truth about how much you're moving!

Zombie on left was one handed with one mag trying for the pizza, middle target was right where I wanted even the two shoulder shots were I wanted them. Right target was first time ever shooting a ultra compact and a bit here and there.

In short, I love my Ultra Crimson!!

Um....dodger wtf? I thought you were in Sig heaven? Btw need to sell mine...

MrWray 07-06-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz

Um....dodger wtf? I thought you were in Sig heaven? Btw need to sell mine...

Why you wanting to sell yours bro?

g17frantz 07-06-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray

Why you wanting to sell yours bro?

My wife is a tad mad at me from my spending as of late.....

MrWray 07-06-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz

My wife is a tad mad at me from my spending as of late.....

That happens to us all i think

g17frantz 07-06-2012 04:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray

That happens to us all i think

I don't know if I'll ever forgive her...but I own up to my eff ups.
Can we get some violins please in the background and a Reverend?!!!

MrWray 07-06-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz

I don't know if I'll ever forgive her...but I own up to my eff ups.
Can we get some violins please in the background and a Reverend?!!!

Damn thats a beautiful gun, i would try to keep that one.

mrnole2u 07-06-2012 01:22 PM

My ultra crimson is my primary edc and I love it. Even with big hands it fits well. Surprisingly accurate for a 3" barrel (I do like to shoot it without the laser sometimes). It looks great and I love 1911s


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:41 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.