My High Standard 1911 - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

My High Standard 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I like it MrWray, I want one myself. But you can look at my other postings and it's evident that I want way more than I can reasonably have There must be about 100 different guns I want and I think I might make a list.

As far as the 1911 goes, it may be my next gun. If I were to go out and pick one up today it would be a toss up between the R1, HS, SR1911, and SA Milspec. In that order. The only reason I would pick the R1 over the HS is because it's an American company, and the reason I put the HS before the other 2 is because of price. If I made the decision based on some kind of formulaic ratio of cost/value/quality, I would take the HS and never look back.

Heck I bet if you were to get rid of the Philippines stamp on the dustcover, no one would even know, nor be able to tell the difference between it and a milspec American made piece. I was told they were actually build on Colt equipment that was sold overseas. Don't know if thats true or not.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:06 PM   #22

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I like it MrWray, I want one myself. But you can look at my other postings and it's evident that I want way more than I can reasonably have There must be about 100 different guns I want and I think I might make a list.

As far as the 1911 goes, it may be my next gun. If I were to go out and pick one up today it would be a toss up between the R1, HS, SR1911, and SA Milspec. In that order. The only reason I would pick the R1 over the HS is because it's an American company, and the reason I put the HS before the other 2 is because of price. If I made the decision based on some kind of formulaic ratio of cost/value/quality, I would take the HS and never look back.

Heck I bet if you were to get rid of the Philippines stamp on the dustcover, no one would even know, nor be able to tell the difference between it and a milspec American made piece. I was told they were actually build on Colt equipment that was sold overseas. Don't know if thats true or not.
I was gonna add tht to my post but forgot. I bet tht u could lay an unstamped HS and an unstamped SA beside one another and most people would not b able to tell the difference between the two. And like i said ive already put about 300 rounds through mine without any malfunctions, hell ive seen kimbers malfunction before 300 rounds. Armscor makes the RI just as they do the HS, the 2 main reasons y i bought the HS is (1) i cant afford a colt and (2) i handled an SA and the HS in the gunstore and the HS looked and felt better. I love my HS, i use to b a LEO so i know how important it is to have trust and confidence in your sidearm. I have total confidence in my High Standard

Old 09-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #23

Yeah like I said, I liked it better in the gunstore than the Kimber and Colt I handled. These were used though and the HS wasn't, but shouldn't use slick them up a little?

Old 09-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #24

I have a high standard also, NOT made over seas, made in Texas. One of one hundred. stainless, long slide. absolutely flawless in fit, finish, and is my go to target shooter.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:40 PM   #25

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Yeah like I said, I liked it better in the gunstore than the Kimber and Colt I handled. These were used though and the HS wasn't, but shouldn't use slick them up a little?
I was also gonna add tht the HS M1911 is a milspec model

Old 09-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #26

Default Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
[ATTACH]32871[/ATTA

Attachment 32872

Attachment 32876

1 before and 2 after pics
Looks like a differnt gun. First picture, very military spec. Nice.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBULLET View Post
I have a high standard also, NOT made over seas, made in Texas. One of one hundred. stainless, long slide. absolutely flawless in fit, finish, and is my go to target shooter.
There were quite a few High Standard .22 target pistols made in TX, and I've heard there were a few 1911's made by them too.

But the current production High Standard 1911's are made in the Philippines. The dust cover is even stamped "made in Philippines" with some kind of a crest design/picture/seal of some type.