Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   my first 1911 (Rock Island) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/my-first-1911-rock-island-63688/)

akong 05-02-2012 07:34 AM

my first 1911 (Rock Island)

2 Attachment(s)
I was looking for a 1911 45 acp. I surf the net, visit one gun store to the other. And I always wanted to have the same gun that my uncle had. He got a custom springfield 1911 that used on several competition. It was a cool looking gun and shoots where i aim it. And that's how i start looking for a new gun. altough i already had my beretta 92fs. I'didn't stop me for craving for a new toy. And i have a lot of choice at first, because there are so many cool 1911 around it's hard to choose whether i'm going to buy the custom one or the cheapest one And work my way out to have it customize.
Well I ended up to a gun store somewhere in orange county, and there's a cool guy who educate me on choosing my first 1911. He told me that i dont need to spend a lot of bucks for a 1911. because that's also one thing that i'm concerened about before buying a new one.
Then any how he showed me a very basic gun which is the rock that i have now and a kimber. he showed me that it' s pretty much the same. And i can move one part to the other as long as they are both 1911. as long as they will fit.
And the amount of the gun is reasonable for its quality. That' why i purchase it and got it after 10 days. And when i brought to the range the following day after i got it. i was impressed. it shoots like my uncle's custom 1911.
And so i decided to work on it a little bit to make it look luke its already custom made

smoooth308 05-02-2012 04:21 PM

Congrats. Everyone seems to be liking the rock Island armory 1911's and I'm sure it wont disappoint. I'll probably be getting one shortly and doing my own little touches to it

TripleTap 05-02-2012 05:39 PM

Sweet man, I've been thinking about getting one. The ones that I've been looking at are blued and go for around $525. If you don't mind, how much did you pay for your with the chrome?

Dearhunter 05-02-2012 05:52 PM

Ri 1911

Good looking gun. I know you will enjoy shooting it. I just bought the Rock Island 1911 .45 ACP Match version. Shoots deadly accurate. Trigger pull is awesome.

dslmac2 05-02-2012 05:54 PM

Nice looking firearm. How is the trigger?

akong 05-03-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoooth308
Congrats. Everyone seems to be liking the rock Island armory 1911's and I'm sure it wont disappoint. I'll probably be getting one shortly and doing my own little touches to it

Thanks bro! yeah, its fun customiZing it!

akong 05-03-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleTap
Sweet man, I've been thinking about getting one. The ones that I've been looking at are blued and go for around $525. If you don't mind, how much did you pay for your with the chrome?

well i originally got mine flat black. i paid $535. and the frame i just diassmble the frame and bring it to a buddy of mine who owns a chrome shop. but making it chrome will cover a lot of fine pre machine part of your frame. so better have a dremel.

akong 05-03-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dearhunter
Good looking gun. I know you will enjoy shooting it. I just bought the Rock Island 1911 .45 ACP Match version. Shoots deadly accurate. Trigger pull is awesome.

Thanks bro! yeah it is great gun on the range.

akong 05-03-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dslmac2
Nice looking firearm. How is the trigger?

thanks! the trigger is good, but i still want to replace it with wilson combat triger.

kytowboater 05-03-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akong

thanks! the trigger is good, but i still want to replace it with wilson combat triger.

I think that's the easiest way to enhance the looks of one.