My first 1911 - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

My first 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 01:46 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default JD Owned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawth View Post
Oh, and I see how you are JD. It's all "welcome to the Nighthawk family" until Cane shares the love. Then all of the sudden I'm "this guy". Pffft. Anybody want to see some pictures of my new 1911? My first 1911 - 1911 Forum
You've been OWNED orange furry one!! My first 1911 - 1911 Forum

Props Slawth.

Hey orange Furball, I like 'this guy'! I think he can run with the big dogs!

My first 1911 - 1911 Forum .460 Rowland .... done the Canebrake way!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 02-13-2009 at 01:50 AM.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #22

Wow! nice nighthawk. I would would enjoy having one of those. Good job!

My trigger finger is jealous!

Old 02-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #23

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3487 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Oh, and I see how you are JD. It's all "welcome to the Nighthawk family" until Cane shares the love. Then all of the sudden I'm "this guy".

Pffft.

Anybody want to see some pictures of my new 1911? My first 1911 - 1911 Forum
Well? Where's my damn range report!?!?

Silly new guys - with their shiny Nighthawk and no range report for the good members here.... Pffft

JD

Old 02-20-2009, 03:13 PM   #24

Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

Silly new guys - with their shiny Nighthawk and no range report for the good members here.... Pffft

JD
My first 1911 - 1911 Forum Yea, what the orange furry guy saidMy first 1911 - 1911 Forum

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

JD
I've been waiting for this^post... I even stayed off the forum for a few days.My first 1911 - 1911 Forum

This may sound really lame but It's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

1) I am having serious ammunition shortage issues locally. There is exactly ZERO .45 ammo to be had including Wally world. I do not reload and I am wary about cutting into my meager stores until I am sure I can get more. I haven't shot at all in a few weeks. I put an order in to Midway and over 1/2 of it is on backorder. I received 2 boxes of Cor Bon200Gr (I wanted the 230) and a box of 50 Double Tap and that's it.

2) I am not going to post up a half-assed range report where I pick up a brick of wally world UMC's, tell you all that the ammo fed great and proceed to expose my grip inconsistencies by posting picks of my targets where I milk the trigger, flinch in anticipation of the shot then talk about how tight the gun is and how well the slide fits the frame(it damn well better). In essence of a fair and comprehensive report I have been trying to get a decent sampling of ammo and also would like to put 50 or so rounds through it to get to know it. It is my first 1911 and I can almost guaranty I have never owned a handgun with a trigger this crisp.

You all buying this?or at least JD Seriously- I am leaving to FL tomorrow AM, and really wanted to take it with me and run it through down there at a real range(assuming the ammo shortage is not as bad there) but I am sallying out of flying with it. Between the 6am flight w/ wife, 3yr and 5yr old I don't think this is the right trip to be my first go around flying with a pistol. (I usually drive- I'm not particularly fond of flying) My parents (whom we are visiting) both shoot so I will not be without. (Granny packs a Glock, lol)

I received my 6 mags and new recoil spring on Wed so I changed out the spring and cleaned 'er up. I do solemnly swear, by the power vested in me by the state of confusion, that I will shoot this damn gun and post a range report, irregardless of my ammunition situation, when I return. Even if it is just with a few boxes of MagTech (which is on Nighthawk's short list of ammunition not recommended in their guns for some reason) Fair Enough? I am chomping at the bit as I want to start carrying it but refuse to do so until I have a sense of familiarity with the 1911. I have only carried DA pistols so cocked and locked is new territory for me...

Holy mackerel I get long winded.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:47 AM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
This may sound really lame but It's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
1) I am having serious ammunition shortage issues locally. There is exactly ZERO .45 ammo to be had including Wally world. I do not reload and I am wary about cutting into my meager stores until I am sure I can get more. I haven't shot at all in a few weeks. I put an order in to Midway and over 1/2 of it is on backorder. I received 2 boxes of Cor Bon200Gr (I wanted the 230) and a box of 50 Double Tap and that's it.
2) I am not going to post up a half-assed range report where I pick up a brick of wally world UMC's, tell you all that the ammo fed great and proceed to expose my grip inconsistencies by posting picks of my targets where I milk the trigger, flinch in anticipation of the shot then talk about how tight the gun is and how well the slide fits the frame(it damn well better). In essence of a fair and comprehensive report I have been trying to get a decent sampling of ammo and also would like to put 50 or so rounds through it to get to know it. It is my first 1911 and I can almost guaranty I have never owned a handgun with a trigger this crisp.

You all buying this?or at least JD Seriously- I am leaving to FL tomorrow AM, and really wanted to take it with me and run it through down there at a real range(assuming the ammo shortage is not as bad there) but I am sallying out of flying with it. Between the 6am flight w/ wife, 3yr and 5yr old I don't think this is the right trip to be my first go around flying with a pistol. (I usually drive- I'm not particularly fond of flying) My parents (whom we are visiting) both shoot so I will not be without. (Granny packs a Glock, lol)
What a whiner^ I can't believe none of you gave me an internet smack down. I need to seriously consider not posting during those high stress times that work and family sometimes throw at you.

I came back from a week in the sun, read that and started looking for the delete post button. No suck luck

Part 1 of range report here: NHC Talon II range report

Last edited by Slawth; 03-04-2009 at 08:02 PM.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:26 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Did my posts over on JF skew your decision in the purchase at all?

I'm holding off buying my pair for the time being. I've wanted a Saiga 12 from the time that I learned what they were and the fact that 20 rd drums are available. The SEI M14s haven't made the list yet, but I'm sure it'll make the copy revised list next year.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Did my posts over on JF skew your decision in the purchase at all?

I'm holding off buying my pair for the time being. I've wanted a Saiga 12 from the time that I learned what they were and the fact that 20 rd drums are available. The SEI M14s haven't made the list yet, but I'm sure it'll make the copy revised list next year.
Hey Matt- good to see you back above the ground for a spell. Your incessant nagging and 1911 lust definitely played a big part in my searching for that ever so special 1911.(as well as joining this forum in the first place) Like I mentioned, I was actually looking for a Kimber when I stumbled upon this beauty. The time had come to dip the toe into the 1911 pool. You guys are borderline fanatical when it comes to your support for this platform. I have what I consider to be the best modern, high cap 9mm in the Sig P226. I have what I consider to be the most advanced, kick-ass, abuse me, use me, composite .45 in the XD. It was time to see what could possibly spawn such devoted followers that they rival Jesus' apostles for crying out loud.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Hey Matt- good to see you back above the ground for a spell. Your incessant nagging and 1911 lust definitely played a big part in my searching for that ever so special 1911.(as well as joining this forum in the first place) Like I mentioned, I was actually looking for a Kimber when I stumbled upon this beauty. The time had come to dip the toe into the 1911 pool. You guys are borderline fanatical when it comes to your support for this platform. I have what I consider to be the best modern, high cap 9mm in the Sig P226. I have what I consider to be the most advanced, kick-ass, abuse me, use me, composite .45 in the XD. It was time to see what could possibly spawn such devoted followers that they rival Jesus' apostles for crying out loud.
After perfecting your hold to better suit the 1911's action, it'll become your favorite piece. They have their quirks, but so do fine Italian sports cars.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #30

Liked 86 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Dammit bro.

Everywhere I go your fancy 1911 is staring me in the face....

some day when I'm not a poor college student...