Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   My apologies (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/my-apologies-89620/)

danf_fl 04-26-2013 04:11 PM

My apologies

For those following the "Stuck Safety", I would like to apologize if you believe that I was unkind to Ablebaker.

I reviewed his other posts about the Mosin Nagant, and then the problems he is having with his 1911.

His responses in both threads caused me to develop an attitude about his procedures.

I apologize.

bartwatkins 04-26-2013 04:19 PM

Dan,
I followed that thread and posted to it early on...
I do not think that you were rude or unkind at all. There were multiple posts to that thread (your and mine included) that offered very helpful suggestions.
He would respond but in a way that was "all over the place" - I asked him two or three questions and he never directly answered those - he just made another kind of all over the place response to my post.

You then presented several - numbered questions all legitimate to me - the last one asking if he was trolling. Again, I thought that (along with the others) was a legitimate question. You then backed that up saying why you asked it.
From there things went downhill. He started using profanity and was quite the smartazz. Also, he never once said thank you to anyone that had given him very good suggestions. My impression was that he was the rude one and I kept reading but was done with any more posts or suggestions to try and help him.

Just my 2 cents...
Bart

bartwatkins 04-26-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bartwatkins (Post 1227828)
Dan,
I followed that thread and posted to it early on...
I do not think that you were rude or unkind at all. There were multiple posts to that thread (your and mine included) that offered very helpful suggestions.
He would respond but in a way that was "all over the place" - I asked him two or three questions and he never directly answered those - he just made another kind of all over the place response to my post.

You then presented several - numbered questions all legitimate to me - the last one asking if he was trolling. Again, I thought that (along with the others) was a legitimate question. You then backed that up saying why you asked it.
From there things went downhill. He started using profanity and was quite the smartazz. Also, he never once said thank you to anyone that had given him very good suggestions. My impression was that he was the rude one and I kept reading but was done with any more posts or suggestions to try and help him.

Just my 2 cents...
Bart

However, all that said. I also think it is very gracious of you to apologize (in light that you really do not owe an apology).

HOSSFLY 04-26-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bartwatkins (Post 1227833)
However, all that said. I also think it is very gracious of you to apologize (in light that you really do not owe an apology).

Ditto-
Call'em like you see'em-
Hell i'm well known for it ;)

SigArmored 04-26-2013 09:09 PM

I followed the posts and think you did everything you could, within you're power,to help him out.I think the person in question had at best very little knowledge of the parts and the names thereof and made his own self frustrated with the situation he himself caused.In other words you don't owe any one here a thing you're clear brother.

bigjim 04-26-2013 09:14 PM

I like hossfly's responses to these type of posts.

"Don't feed the Troll"

Jim

PanBaccha 04-26-2013 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjim (Post 1228104)
I like hossfly's responses to these type of posts.

"Don't feed the Troll"

Jim

Don't feed 'em. Spray 'em! :D

Axxe55 04-26-2013 09:57 PM

Dan, you were quite civil in you're replys towards him, in spite of his rudeness towards you. huge respect to you for that. personally, i think he was very rude and impolite and highly disrespectful of the suggestions and advice you and others were giving him. IMO, it's not you that owes us or him an apology, it's him that owes you one.

drvsafe 04-26-2013 11:52 PM

Danf is a gentleman.

It is very easy to be misunderstood, to have your comments thought of as rude, hurtful, demeaning, insulting and combative over the Internet.

I learned early on that there is no pretense on FTF, and like at the range, most of us all shoot pretty straight here as well.

qwiksdraw 04-26-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

He started using profanity and was quite the smartazz. Also, he never once said thank you to anyone that had given him very good suggestions. My impression was that he was the rude...

It still amazes me how people act when they are anonymous.