My 1911's and daughters
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > My 1911's and daughters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default My 1911's and daughters

I all i just realized that my 3 daughters and my 1911 obssesion dont mix. I have a daughter giong to college, one engaged, and one getting married in a couple months. I have been saving for a whiley clapp comander, but my wife announces we found a dress yesrerday. After they told me the cost i could only think, dang thats 4 new colts. Needless to say they were not impressed when that came out of my mounth instead of staying in my head. My other daughter laughs and says she needs a new lap top for college how many colts is that. I love my daughters and will do anything in the world for them, so it'll be no new guns for me for awhile.
I thought that was a funny story and just wanted to share. I will get my new 1911 colt it just might be awhile, so for now i'll just have to live vicarously through you guys here.
Shoot much, laugh alot, gods bless family friends and our milatary.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Yep, that's pretty funny. Have to say, I think like that also.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #3

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Sounds familiar that's why there was about a thirty year span of no new guns.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #4

Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

You're not alone with that. My M6A2 is in limbo for similar reasons. My last two are 16 and 15. After that, kicked to the curb! Get a job. Well, at least that's the plan. Until our buddy Murphy shows up, as usual.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #5

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

ellwood, this is so my life right now. "I'm the father of the Bride...I write checks". I love her and she now has proof as she has blown the budget for the wedding by 9 or 10 NICE Colts at least. I have managed to keep it under my breath so far. So at least you are not the only one who has had to put his shooting agenda on the far right burner. I only have a couple of weeks more until the big event, then I get to start saving for me again. I hope.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #6

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Geesh glad my daughter is not even 2 yet.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #7

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I didn't start seeing any spare money until my two kids were grown & out on their own & they were boys! Hard to imagine what it'd been like if they were girls.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #8

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Moral of this story? Have sons not daughters! and buy them Colts and for yourself...

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellwood45c
I all i just realized that my 3 daughters and my 1911 obssesion dont mix. I have a daughter giong to college, one engaged, and one getting married in a couple months. I have been saving for a whiley clapp comander, but my wife announces we found a dress yesrerday. After they told me the cost i could only think, dang thats 4 new colts. Needless to say they were not impressed when that came out of my mounth instead of staying in my head. My other daughter laughs and says she needs a new lap top for college how many colts is that. I love my daughters and will do anything in the world for them, so it'll be no new guns for me for awhile.
I thought that was a funny story and just wanted to share. I will get my new 1911 colt it just might be awhile, so for now i'll just have to live vicarously through you guys here.
Shoot much, laugh alot, gods bless family friends and our milatary.
actually you've got two opertunities for new colts, afterall them boys your daughters are marrying probably want the father-in-law to like them. tell them its their dowery

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 06-19-2012, 11:54 PM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Lol now i know why your called wiseman that is a awesome idea. I got one future son in law that wants to go shoot, he has never shot anything other than a 22. The other is actually saving some pennies whenever he can, he wants a xd in 45. I'll have to see if i can play the dowery angle, just as long as the wife dont fund out. Lol