Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > My 1911

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Theres no finish as pretty as a perfect deep dark blueing
Thats how I want the top one done but just cant right now --but soon hopefully-
Nice...how do you like the wraparound all wood grip? I have a pachmayr for mine, but the finger grooves are soft rubber. I like the looks of the all wood better, but was worried that it might crack. Any issues?
__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
Nice...how do you like the wraparound all wood grip? I have a pachmayr for mine, but the finger grooves are soft rubber. I like the looks of the all wood better, but was worried that it might crack. Any issues?
Love them & no issues at all but only have a few hundred rounds with them
I also have the below set with a set of Pearce finger groove that install under the wood grips to give it the rubber finger grooves & keep the normal wood grips- I change between the two sets once in awhile just for a different look & feel- Dont have a pic but i'll take one if your interested-

__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET


Last edited by HOSSFLY; 01-21-2012 at 05:49 PM.
HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Love them & no issues at all but only have a few hundred rounds with them
I also have the below set with a set of Pearce finger groove that install under the wood grips to give it the rubber finger grooves & keep the normal wood grips- I change between the two sets once in awhile just for a different look & feel- Dont have a pic but i'll take one if your interested-
Nice! No hurry, but I'm ALWAYS up for pics, yeah.
__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
Nice! No hurry, but I'm ALWAYS up for pics, yeah.
Bout time to change anyways
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Colt/Walther 1911 in .22 verus Chiappa 1911-22 gwk4667 1911 Forum 11 02-01-2012 11:33 AM
Springfield 1911 vs. remington 1911 jeepdude90 1911 Forum 21 11-07-2011 08:09 PM
SA 1911 loaded vs. SA 1911 mc operator EMTchad 1911 Forum 5 09-16-2011 05:30 AM
Iím not clear on what makes a 1911, a 1911. Vincine 1911 Forum 5 08-16-2011 06:14 PM
Dumb? What makes 1911 a 1911? Poink88 1911 Forum 14 08-11-2010 04:48 PM