Mulling over a Trijicon RMR, anyone here use one?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Mulling over a Trijicon RMR, anyone here use one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Mulling over a Trijicon RMR, anyone here use one?

This would be for a Colt Gold Cup. As I understand it, the RMR can be mounted WITHOUT making new holes in the pistol. That aspect is super-important to me. I'm worthless with bladed/open sights, at least with anything approaching quickness. Given time I can line stuff up but it's not fun. I've used red-dot type sights on a Ruger MKII slab-side and enjoyed it(Aimpoint 3000). A holo type sight on my National Match would make it way more fun to shoot I think(hope).

So if anyone has experience with the RMR lemme know, or experience with another holo sight that requires no modification to the pistol please say something.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1336 Times on 700 Posts
Likes Given: 612

The RMR is a great sight and tough as nails. I also found the Burris Fastfire III to be a wonderful pistol sight that replaces the rear iron sight. Both can be used to rack the slide, with either a hand or a solid object such as a table or door frame. The RMR is a bit clearer and brighter in my experience, but not by much. That might differ from person to person.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1262 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 534

I want one of these for my GSG 22lr 1911:

http://rrages.com/sight/minicombo3/index.htm

Think I will ask my wife to get me one for my birthday.

But I have no actual experience, yet.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

TekGreg-

Can the FastFire be had with a grip activation? Can you easily power it on with one hand? I use a shoulder holster(weak side) so flipping it on with my thumb an option?
I'm debating on making the 1911 my CC piece, so easy sight activation is sort of needed. I use a HK compact right now and I have muscle memory tied in on it, it's just no fun to practice with. I do, to keep me fresh but I sure do enjoy the 1911 a lot more.