Mr. Ruger found a friend! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Mr. Ruger found a friend!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 12:40 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have one that I use for everyday carry, along with a set of of CT grips. Mine has the activitaion button on the side, which took a little getting used to

Old 10-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
Nice but I like the Ruger better
I agree to an extent. The Ruger is a better looking pistol as I much prefer the internal extractor and its just a smoother looking pistol but function wise I've gotta give it to the Sig. The trigger is much smoother with around a 4lb pull where as the Ruger is a bit rough with I would say closer to a 5lb pull. The Sig is more accurate as well for me. The Ruger trigger is getting smoother as i put more rounds down the pipe. Both are very nice pistols and I intend to keep both for years to come. Its safe to say at this point I've caught the 1911 bug!

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 10-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #13

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieKiller83 View Post
I agree to an extent. The Ruger is a better looking pistol as I much prefer the internal extractor and its just a smoother looking pistol but function wise I've gotta give it to the Sig. The trigger is much smoother with around a 4lb pull where as the Ruger is a bit rough with I would say closer to a 5lb pull. The Sig is more accurate as well for me. The Ruger trigger is getting smoother as i put more rounds down the pipe. Both are very nice pistols and I intend to keep both for years to come. Its safe to say at this point I've caught the 1911 bug!
It won't perform miracles, but get some KG-10 Dry Lube & put some on the sear. I use a doubled pipe cleaner, dipped in the KG-10 & slip it down in front of the cocked hammer (empty gun of course) & ride the hammer down onto it, squeezing the KG-10 onto the sear. I've seen it lower pull weight 1/2 to 3/4 lbs. It will not correct for flaws, rough parts, etc. I also like it on the trigger mechanism. It is a liquid, but dries quickly.

Hint: The black will wash off your hands, but not out of your clothes!