Messed with adjustable trigger damnit!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Messed with adjustable trigger damnit!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 04:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Messed with adjustable trigger damnit!

Hi again guys, just found out that my buddy was messing with my adjustable aluminum trigger with the wrench insert. Friggin my shooting feels different, I can't even tell if it's heavier pull or lighter pull. I am very pissed about this. Any tips guys? Cane? Dan? Wombli? Azn? Lol I'm so mad right now

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-08-2011, 04:59 AM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTchad View Post
Hi again guys, just found out that my buddy was messing with my adjustable aluminum trigger with the wrench insert. Friggin my shooting feels different, I can't even tell if it's heavier pull or lighter pull. I am very pissed about this. Any tips guys? Cane? Dan? Wombli? Azn? Lol I'm so mad right now
Pick up a trigger pull weight gauge and tell your buddy his faux pas just cost him $35...trigger weight is not the problem here but an overly "adjusted" trigger uptake can lead to reliability issues. If you are concerned have a smith look it over and send the bill to your buddy.

Adjustable Triggers - Not?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-08-2011, 05:11 AM   #3

Sh!t! I mean I readjusted it myself to the point where I think it looked right. The Allen bolt wasn't sticking out too much out of the aluminum trigger but was visible enough.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:37 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Oh man that sucks first slap the piss out of him then never let him use it again

Old 08-08-2011, 05:50 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Fisher is right, slap the crap out of your friend. Unless he or she knows what they are doing with it they shouldn't touch it. I only have one gun with an adjustable trigger, but I have only messed with it once. I adjusted it until it felt like my other 1911's stock triggers. Can't help too much on this one, I dont want to lead you wrong.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2890 Times on 1668 Posts
Likes Given: 1239

I'm with Jpyle on this.
It can get "adjusted" to the point that the trigger will not release the sear or the sear does release, but drags on the hammer.

Glad you corrected the gun, now correct your friend.
Friends should never play with another's unless asked.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #7

He's out of my top 5 bro group now lol!