Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Marines sticking to their guns! Colt 1911

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #21
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Yep....then I had a damn lance corporal tell me that the bullet bounce back to us off the nail in the target. I laughed at him and told him if that was so the bullet would be flattened out somewhat. Then I told him to wonder off and clean the trash cans.....he didn't like it until he realized I out ranked him
That's hilarious. Aside from the fact that if that round didn't exite the barrel you had a good chance for kaboom.
__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun
Im praying to god i get the 1911 on deployment
I don't think you will unless your force recon or some other group within MARSOC.

It needs to go to everyone.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun
Im praying to god i get the 1911 on deployment
Hope so for your sake as well. Semper Fi bro
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13

That's hilarious. Aside from the fact that if that round didn't exite the barrel you had a good chance for kaboom.
Tony I'd know when that happens because when there is NO dirt going skywards and I'm the only one on the range except that idiot lc and my master guns......I'm gonna check the barrel in a hurry.
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #25
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Tony I'd know when that happens because when there is NO dirt going skywards and I'm the only one on the range except that idiot lc and my master guns......I'm gonna check the barrel in a hurry.
Oh no doubt on you buddy. You're average Joe wouldn't even notice it sounded different. Hell I got a free savage 30-06 from my ffl today because the owner had a kaboom. You can see a ring in the barrel left from the first reload and the bolt is cracked and stock snapped in half. Bet it was an eye opener.
__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13

Oh no doubt on you buddy. You're average Joe wouldn't even notice it sounded different. Hell I got a free savage 30-06 from my ffl today because the owner had a kaboom. You can see a ring in the barrel left from the first reload and the bolt is cracked and stock snapped in half. Bet it was an eye opener.
Ya I saw that. Bet it was an eye closer not opener. What you gonna do w it?
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #27
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Default

If the barrel isn't bulged and I can get the obstruction out and it fits in one of the stocks I have laying around , I'll spend the $6.50 on a new bolt body and repurpose it. If not I'll strip it for parts probably.

__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
If the barrel isn't bulged and I can get the obstruction out and it fits in one of the stocks I have laying around , I'll spend the $6.50 on a new bolt body and repurpose it. If not I'll strip it for parts probably.
Let me know then either way.
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #29
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Let me know then either way.
Will do......
__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #30
RUT
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 89
Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Default

>>A great choice for the Marines in my opinion<<

Guess I'll be the lone dissenter. While I agree the 9mm has got to go, the venerable 1911 would not be my choice as a replacement for the Marines. And yes, I do own a few 1911's. I'd prefer something of the polymer nature.... higher round capacity, easier to take down etc. Just my opinion.

__________________
"Foreign Aid: The transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries."
RUT is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Marines choose the 1911 alxltd1 1911 Forum 15 07-28-2012 08:52 PM
It Appears The Marines Are Returning To The 1911 billt 1911 Forum 27 07-20-2012 09:33 AM
Colt 1911 and STI 1911 pics and short review SlightlyAddicted0311 1911 Forum 1 04-19-2012 01:32 AM
S&W 1911 slide sticking on recoil v-man 1911 Forum 13 04-01-2012 05:53 AM
Colt/Walther 1911 in .22 verus Chiappa 1911-22 gwk4667 1911 Forum 11 02-01-2012 11:33 AM