Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Many Thanks To Canebrake!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/many-thanks-canebrake-13087/)

741512th 04-20-2009 10:34 PM

Many Thanks To Canebrake!!
 
In this thread, http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/ftf-problems-12697/, Canebrake suggested one solution would be a new spring, probably 16#, from ISMI. As everyone is no doubt entirely tired of hearing, I was suffering the same problems as the thread originator.

One new 16# spring from ISMI and 400 rounds later, NO PROBLEMS!!!

We may disagree politically, but Canebrake knows his stuff regarding the 1911.

Many thanks.

(If anyone else suggested the same and I didn't notice, kudos to you as well).

Dr. Marneaus 04-21-2009 06:46 PM

Glad to hear it worked out for you! Now you can stop badmouthing the Springfields, hahaha ;)

All mine took was a little extra lube, but I'll def be upgrading the springs and a full length guide rod on my next order from midway.

Now, get out there and enjoy your 1911!!!

canebrake 04-21-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 741512th (Post 97039)
In this thread, http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/ftf-problems-12697/, Canebrake suggested one solution would be a new spring, probably 16#, from ISMI. As everyone is no doubt entirely tired of hearing, I was suffering the same problems as the thread originator.
One new 16# spring from ISMI and 400 rounds later, NO PROBLEMS!!!
We may disagree politically, but Canebrake knows his stuff regarding the 1911.
Many thanks.
(If anyone else suggested the same and I didn't notice, kudos to you as well).

Thanks, and this is what the FTF is all about! http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...ons/cowboy.gif

From an engineering standpoint I find the ISMI recoil and mainspring products the finest service springs on the market today. The added benefit is, if they cost the same as the old technology springs, why wouldn't you make the leap?

741512th 04-22-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus (Post 97460)
Glad to hear it worked out for you! Now you can stop badmouthing the Springfields, hahaha ;)

yessir. sorry sir. never again sir. :o

Southern6er 04-22-2009 05:09 PM

canebrake, how would you compare the ISMI springs to Wolff Springs?

canebrake 04-22-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southern6er (Post 97928)
canebrake, how would you compare the ISMI springs to Wolff Springs?

I like Wolff springs, I find them superior to the antiquated OEM music wire springs of the past. If you go to their site:

Wolff GunSprings Home Page

The only thing they tell you about their springs is:

"Our proprietary spring material and processes provides high quality, reliability and proven performance not found with other springs."

If you go to the ISMI site:

ISMI Gunsprings, Made in the U.S.A.

You will see the High-Tech approach w/explanation of materials and processes presented.

I have used Wolff for years with no failures! Then I saw the ISMI site, took a chance and have never looked back! I have always been an early adopter willing to throw a buck or two to try out some new product. Think it's a result of my engineering field testing stint w/GM.

It's the same situation when I spotted the good reviews on Tripp Research Cobra Mags. I read up on them, was impressed with their approach to production, tried one and the rest they say is history! Until someone builds a better mousetrap (1911 mag), I will only run Cobras in my Colts!

As a develop/design engineer (and a damn fine one) I always applied the best practices, highest quality material and innovation to my work. When complete, the item was always sent to the bean counters to find cost reductions. Got to save those pennies! When your end product is a gun, you look at things like recoil springs to save those pennies.

That's why I like companies like Wolff and ISMI. When your only product is a spring you will spend your entire R&D budget to that end product. When you throw in high technology as a design requirement it gets me ............ well let's just say interested in their final product!

When the final product is competitively priced with the old technology springs, I see it as a no-brainer.

Don't get me wrong. All you OEM and Wolff customers that are happy with their products, stick with them!

But then I don't think that's the reason you're reading this thread, or more importantly, a member of this forum. http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...ons/cowboy.gif

spittinfire 04-23-2009 12:31 AM

he's cool and all but.....

canebrake 04-23-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 98062)
he's cool and all but.....

Yea, I think the thread title is a little over the top too! http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...ons/cowboy.gif

Southern6er 04-23-2009 06:20 PM

I just got some Wolff Springs for my 5" Kimber Stainless and my 4" Pro Carry. MUCH better now, but when the time comes for the next round, I may try some of the ISMI's. I looked on their site briefly. Do they do springs for the shorter 1911's?

matt g 04-23-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southern6er (Post 98336)
I just got some Wolff Springs for my 5" Kimber Stainless and my 4" Pro Carry. MUCH better now, but when the time comes for the next round, I may try some of the ISMI's. I looked on their site briefly. Do they do springs for the shorter 1911's?

Does the Pro Carry have the funky, captive spring design that the Compacts have?


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:46 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.