Magnum Research 1911 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Magnum Research 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 12:21 AM   #11
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2954 Times on 1703 Posts
Likes Given: 1271

If nothing else, get the gun and send it to me. I will give a complete range report (after long term usage).

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 04-30-2010, 12:39 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
That ad is a little irritating to some 1911 fans. If it was the most accurate and reliable factory 1911 on the market, that ad might be OK. But I doubt very seriously, that it will compare any better or even as good as it's competition in the same price range. We'll see how it shoots. Personally I think the roll mark is kind of tacky looking. And doesn't even come with a checkered frontstrap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett007 View Post
OK, soapbox........

Back in the day, I purchased an alloy frame .357 DE. The serial number was very low, one of the few guns available new to the market at the time ...1980 something. This pistol was a jam-o-matic from the first magazine. I returned it to Magnum Research twice, used jacketed bullets only, factory ammunition etc. FTE, FTF........

Therefore, and I realize this is personal preference, I will never own another Magnum Research product moving forward, no matter what the flavor. I have a friend with a .44 DE that runs great. I know this is a prejudicial point of view, but........I only get burned once.

I'll save my money for a Colt, Kimber etc....I currently own 1911's from both and they are excellent pistols. Yes, they have haters and issues across the boards, but these companies and thier product has never disappointed me.

venting over....
Where's the connection between these two posts?

Old 04-30-2010, 01:45 AM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Okay, I went to the Magnum Research website and the pistol is nothing special for an MSRP of $799.00

I mean, they claim "tight tolerances" but they don't say anything about what those tolerances are.

They have fixed sights, which I like, but they are not night sights ( which I prefer and everyone else on this board hates ). It would appear that the sights are dovetailed, which is common, however there are probably several dozen types of dovetailed 1911 sights out there, so who the hell knows?!

Nothing says what the damn thing is made of. At 2.261 pounds, it would LEAD me to believe the frame and slide are both made of steel, but who's steel!?

For a very arrogant marketing campaign, I feel that they are going to turn off a generous portion of the prospective buyers because their weapon is pretty plain Jane.

JD

Old 04-30-2010, 03:39 AM   #14

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Whomever came up with the marketing scheme needs to be flogged publicly and then fired in a kiln. If they wanted to target the DE fans, fine. Say your DE maker is now producing 1911's. If they wanted to target 1911 fans, then they missed the bullseye...hell, they missed the paper. I have no problem with any manufacturer getting into any platform they want. But, when they cross into that area of huge consumer numbers, they should never make it seem like a tried, true and long standing platform has finally proven itself to earn the name of their platform.

Epic fail marketing.

Still, could be a good shooter. Only time will tell....

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-30-2010, 03:40 AM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

They will get sales due to the Desert Eagle name, just as they did with the Baby Desert Eagle.
That thing is nothing like a Desert Eagle, is this produced by IWI/IMI or is this Magnum Research?
Why not just have it as a Magnum Research 1911?

Again they are just trying to capitalize on the Desert Eagle Name.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:51 AM   #16

i say we get as many 1911 fans to complain to them about the route of advertising they took lol....it should read something more like "and we have finally proven ourselves lucky and fortunate enough to be allowed to produce 1911s" but that's just my opinion lol

"Gun bans disarm victims, putting them at the mercy of murderers or terrorists who think nothing of breaking the gun laws."

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns"

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” - Sigmund Freud

"The 2nd Amendment...Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them!"

Old 04-30-2010, 05:18 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
They will get sales due to the Desert Eagle name, just as they did with the Baby Desert Eagle.
That thing is nothing like a Desert Eagle, is this produced by IWI/IMI or is this Magnum Research?
Why not just have it as a Magnum Research 1911?

Again they are just trying to capitalize on the Desert Eagle Name.
IMI/IWI and Magnum Research are the same company essientially..
Magnum Research is their American name for the most part, they accept all the imports from the actual headquarters of IMI/IWI from what I understand.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:25 AM   #18
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

From what I understood all the IWI/IMI importing was being done with Charles Daly, Now being marketed as the Jericho. At least the Baby Desert Eagles.

Still not impressed with just using the name to drum up sales just as with the Baby Deagles, they have nothing in Common with the Desert Eagle.
I always thought the Desert eagle was a Desert Eagle.

I don't know it's late and I am tired.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:02 AM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzai View Post
IMI/IWI and Magnum Research are the same company essientially..
Magnum Research is their American name for the most part, they accept all the imports from the actual headquarters of IMI/IWI from what I understand.
This is not correct. Magum Research is an American company, IWI (Formerly IMI) is an Israeli company.

The Desert Eagle is a joint venture between the two companies, designed by Magnum Research, manufactured by IWI, and then imported by Magnum Research. All intellectual property rights to the design are owned by Magnum Research.

The Jericho 941 is designed and manufactured by IWI, and was imported by Magnum Research and marketed as the "Baby Eagle" until 2008. From 2008-2009, it was imported by KBI Inc, which is now out of business.

Other than those two designs, they are separate companies.
Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Old 04-30-2010, 07:29 AM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bluesky View Post
This is not correct. Magum Research is an American company, IWI (Formerly IMI) is an Israeli company.

The Desert Eagle is a joint venture between the two companies, designed by Magnum Research, manufactured by IWI, and then imported by Magnum Research. All intellectual property rights to the design are owned by Magnum Research.

The Jericho 941 is designed and manufactured by IWI, and was imported by Magnum Research and marketed as the "Baby Eagle" until 2008. From 2008-2009, it was imported by KBI Inc, which is now out of business.

Other than those two designs, they are separate companies.
Someone actually knows what the hell is happening between them?
I'd been asking anyone who might know whats been going on between all those companies and everyone gave me an answer about as clear as muddy stump water. Thanks for the correction Bluesky.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.