Loose Ambi Safety - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Loose Ambi Safety

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Good point-
A little something that don't work right on a extreamly powerfull handgun-
No big deal
hah. both sides function fine. the amount of play isn't enough to make me worried or lose sleep. If she says that's how they're put out then that's good enough for me. my next 1911 is a dan wesson and if anything is loose on that puppy you better believe i'm sending it to quality control. The sigs are my shooters, not my safe queens.

Sig Sauer Scorpion 1911
S.A. Mil Spec SS 1911
STI Spartan 3.0 1911
Colt Commander 1911
CZ Rami Sub Comp. 9mm

The smell of carbon excites me

Old 02-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #12

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyAddicted0311 View Post
hah. both sides function fine. the amount of play isn't enough to make me worried or lose sleep. If she says that's how they're put out then that's good enough for me. my next 1911 is a dan wesson and if anything is loose on that puppy you better believe i'm sending it to quality control. The sigs are my shooters, not my safe queens.
Then WTF did you bother us askin

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-22-2012, 01:27 AM   #13

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyAddicted0311 View Post
Your safe queens function better than your shooters?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-22-2012, 01:29 AM   #14

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Your safe queens function better than your shooters?
I'm thinkin the whole bunch are queens

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #15

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

You're a customer service dept. dream
Ha...I was thinking the same thing.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:32 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
I'm thinkin the whole bunch are queens
lol i don't have any safe queens or bar-b-que guns. i buy guns to shoot not trophies to look at. i love the comments about how i'm a customer service rep's dream, and the "whole bunch are queens", and "WTF did you bother us askin?". Why would you be a part of a forum and make cute little comments to insult my posts. Grown men with the soft minds of 16 year old high school kids. I have thick skin, so don't think i'm insulted... but i'd rather call ya out than be passive after you try to insult me. I joined this forum to get advice from experienced guys who know their sh#t... not play dodgeball with wanna be bullies, waste of my time. lol it's hilarious

Sig Sauer Scorpion 1911
S.A. Mil Spec SS 1911
STI Spartan 3.0 1911
Colt Commander 1911
CZ Rami Sub Comp. 9mm

The smell of carbon excites me

Old 02-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #17

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyAddicted0311

lol i don't have any safe queens or bar-b-que guns. i buy guns to shoot not trophies to look at. i love the comments about how i'm a customer service rep's dream, and the "whole bunch are queens", and "WTF did you bother us askin?". Why would you be a part of a forum and make cute little comments to insult my posts. Grown men with the soft minds of 16 year old high school kids. I have thick skin, so don't think i'm insulted... but i'd rather call ya out than be passive after you try to insult me. I joined this forum to get advice from experienced guys who know their sh#t... not play dodgeball with wanna be bullies, waste of my time. lol it's hilarious
Hang in there. You'll find out who the members are who want to help people and who make little comments designed to provoke a response from someone. You'll learn who to acknowledge and who to ignore. But honestly, this is one of the forums where he majority of people are happy to help a guy out and you'll find a bunch of good guys. Just let the little comments roll like water off a duck's back. Acknowledging them is the wrong thing to do. A forum is a great place for collective knowledge. Accept what you need to answer your question and to further your own knowledge and ignore the trivial BS.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyAddicted0311

Sorry if you were offended...it is very difficult to assign context to a comment in a forum such as this. Yes, some of the guys here get a little "Randy" at times, but for the most part it is in fun. I interact here with the same mannerisms I use with personal friends. For example....

If you are overweight, don't let me see you eatin' a Twinkie, if you can't take a little humor at your expense. That or we just can't be friends. The same goes for me...if I open myself up for a shot, take it! Just be sure to apply the obligatory "smileycon"

Where I'm from, it's just how men are, and act towards each other.

Sorry you took it wrong, like I said...jus' pokin at ya a bit.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus

Hang in there. You'll find out who the members are who want to help people and who make little comments designed to provoke a response from someone. You'll learn who to acknowledge and who to ignore. But honestly, this is one of the forums where he majority of people are happy to help a guy out and you'll find a bunch of good guys. Just let the little comments roll like water off a duck's back. Acknowledging them is the wrong thing to do. A forum is a great place for collective knowledge. Accept what you need to answer your question and to further your own knowledge and ignore the trivial BS.
Please see my reply to the OP on this. Thanks.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #20

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

SlightlyAddicted0311, may I suggest you go back to your thread in the introduction section and (re-)read my post.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f2/i-love-america-58064/#post713294

If you don't get it, read it again.

If you still don't get it this may not be the forum for you.

We are a irreverent bunch here on the FitearmsTalk forum. We have been able to transfer gun concentric information/knowledge sans the tight-azz format of many other gun knowledge purveyors. (And I've been told, we do it rather well.)

I do my job everyday with a smile on my face. It is not generated by belittling members but from reading PM's thanking me for explaining something they just didn't understand or thanks for that great post.

Should you want to complain about my, or another member's post, please do so with a private message or use the "Report a Post" icon and not whine about it in the public arena.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello