Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Loose Ambi Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/loose-ambi-safety-58390/)

SlightlyAddicted0311 02-21-2012 04:49 AM

Loose Ambi Safety

I purchased a new sig nitron to go along with my sig scorpion and after a day of shooting and cleaning i noticed the ambi safety ( the right side if you're aiming in ) has a little play in it up and down, and i can pull it out a verrrry small amount, maybe 1mm or less. either way it bugs me, has no affect on performance just one of those things that rubs me the wrong way... any quick fixes or ideas? *besides getting a single sided safety*

danf_fl 02-21-2012 09:24 AM

Let's see...
A NEW Sig
A few rounds shot through it.
A concern arose that you don't like.

Yep, sounds like a call to customer service is in order.

HOSSFLY 02-21-2012 12:24 PM

Really not unusual for a ambi safety on a well used gun - had to snug up one on one of mine just yesterday BUT brand new gun? Time for customer service --

Olympus 02-21-2012 01:19 PM

Honestly if this is the first time, I'd hold off on calling CS simply because it's a ridiculously easy fix. Ambi safeties work in a tongue/groove fashion. One side of the ambi has a tongue and the other has a groove. Just press both sides back together. I have used a Quik-klamp with good results. Just make sure both sides are protected. You can also use a c-clamp or c-clamp style vise grip. You're just pushing the tongue back into the groove. Now if this continually works loose, THEN I would call CS. And unless you're a left, I'd ditch the ambi all together. I can't stand them.

SlightlyAddicted0311 02-21-2012 05:01 PM

I've had bad experiences will every customer service department I've dealt (for firearms). Glock was awful. I think I'll just get over it. It's a very small amount of play and I don't use that safety side anyway. If it was the left side that'd be different. I'll take it to my local gunsmith and if he can't do anything I'll either leave it alone or buy new Wilson parts for it

Olympus 02-21-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlightlyAddicted0311
I've had bad experiences will every customer service department I've dealt (for firearms). Glock was awful. I think I'll just get over it. It's a very small amount of play and I don't use that safety side anyway. If it was the left side that'd be different. I'll take it to my local gunsmith and if he can't do anything I'll either leave it alone or buy new Wilson parts for it

If you don't use it, just get an aftermarket single- side safety.

SlightlyAddicted0311 02-21-2012 08:52 PM

update: called sig customer service and they said that with the scorpion models and some of the other 1911's that safety on the right side is going to have a very little bit of play out of the factory, so apparently it's no big deal and i was annoyed over nothing. Nice to know...

HOSSFLY 02-21-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlightlyAddicted0311 (Post 716170)
update: called sig customer service and they said that with the scorpion models and some of the other 1911's that safety on the right side is going to have a very little bit of play out of the factory, so apparently it's no big deal and i was annoyed over nothing. Nice to know...

You're a customer service dept. dream :cool:

danf_fl 02-21-2012 11:12 PM

I would have asked "How can I get my Sig to be one of those not included in the "some of the other" categories?"

HOSSFLY 02-21-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 716270)
I would have asked "How can I get my Sig to be one of those not included in the "some of the other" categories?"

Good point-
A little something that don't work right on a extreamly powerfull handgun-
No big deal :confused: