Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Looking for a new 1911 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/looking-new-1911-a-82648/)

schnelting21 01-28-2013 01:34 AM

Looking for a new 1911
 
I need help looking for a good 1911 and a good place to get one around fort riley ks... I got a grand to spend.. I don't really know which the best ones are and what ones are having problems...

j4454 01-28-2013 01:39 AM

Go colt. It's the original. There are a lot of good ones S&W Remington Springfield but all around colt is just superior. Combat elite is my next purchase

GLI45 01-28-2013 05:49 AM

For $1k take a close look at the STI Trojan. I'm an STI junkie and my son shoots a Trojan so I've had the chance to shoot it often. I don't think there's a better 1911 on the market at that price. Buttery smooth operation and amazingly accurate. Great gun from a terrific company. Built in Texas and comes with a lifetime warranty on the gun.

gunsmoke11 01-28-2013 05:52 AM

Sig Nightmare is a beauty. That's my next one.

danf_fl 01-28-2013 10:12 AM

Although some may shun the used market, I've found some very good deals there.

The last was a DW Pointman Major in .45ACP for less than $850.

harleytech 01-28-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j4454 (Post 1113101)
Go colt. It's the original. There are a lot of good ones S&W Remington Springfield but all around colt is just superior. Combat elite is my next purchase

+1 for Colt..!!!
;)

Olympus 01-28-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1113356)
Although some may shun the used market, I've found some very good deals there.

The last was a DW Pointman Major in .45ACP for less than $850.

Any Dan Wesson bought for $1000 or less will blow away the competition, Colt included.

STI Trojan would be a good choice. Sig Traditional Match Elite is another. Springfield Loaded.

broke-again124 01-28-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnelting21
I need help looking for a good 1911 and a good place to get one around fort riley ks... I got a grand to spend.. I don't really know which the best ones are and what ones are having problems...

Colt lwc, 1991 m1911, new agent, defender, gold cup, etc. all can be found at that price with a little patience. Check www.armslist.com. You can set filters to search a specific gun in your specific area.

blindshooter 01-29-2013 01:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I like the S&W EOTech sights and I do very good with this gun but the Ithaca is the one I shoot most. I like the Kensight and the smooth recoil. The gun just feels good in my hand. I have several other 1911's but these two are my favorites.

Olympus 01-29-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindshooter (Post 1114829)
I like the S&W EOTech sights and I do very good with this gun but the Ithaca is the one I shoot most. I like the Kensight and the smooth recoil. The gun just feels good in my hand. I have several other 1911's but these two are my favorites.

How do you like the Ithaca? Don't see many around on the forums. I have thought about getting one, but can't justify the price. That's Baer territory.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:34 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.