Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   looking a drum mag....... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/looking-drum-mag-55912/)

GunRunner 01-20-2012 12:07 PM

looking a drum mag.......

Like the post says, I'm looking for a drum mag for a 1911. I live in Va so if anyone can help out please do

trip286 01-20-2012 12:47 PM

Never heard of one. Then again I'd never heard out a 20 round mag for one either until I came across one on the web. Wish I had a link for you.

jordan89 01-20-2012 04:50 PM

I think ProMag makes one. Ill see if I can find a link for you.

Edit:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/564303/promag-magazine-1911-government-commander-45-acp-40-round-drum-polymer-black

dog2000tj 01-20-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunRunner (Post 683034)
Like the post says, I'm looking for a drum mag for a 1911. I live in Va so if anyone can help out please do

1st question - Why? 2nd question - what does where you live have to do with it? :confused:

By your post you imply that you own or have access to a 1911, ergo you should already have been aware of it's round capacity. If you want/wanted a hi cap pistol why didn't you look into a 9mm? :confused: :cool:

MrWray 01-20-2012 07:02 PM

1911s arent made for that Sh!t man! I wouldnt even want to picture that in my head, its making me dry heeve!

Chandler51 01-20-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunRunner

They are around...sportsman's guide has that kinda stuff.

Gonna be a bitch to carry! :D

Ruzai 01-21-2012 07:12 AM

You're lucky if you get a 15 rounder to work in a 1911. 10 rounds is about all you can get without sacrificing reliability. Pro-Mag makes a drum mag, but to be honest I wouldnt trust it even for a range toy because all the Pro-Mag stuff I've used isnt worth the material it's made out of.
My suggestions is invest in 10 rounders from Chip or someone else reputable.

GunRunner 01-21-2012 01:02 PM

Well from what I understand, pro mag makes or made them but they have been discontinued

I want one because I do. Lol. not to carry but basically see what went wrong with them because everything I've read about them has been bad so basically I was looking to reverse engineer it.

I had a few 9's, 40's and ect ect ect, why you think this is my only pistol I'm not sure but hey continue giving unless advise. I have several magazines from Wilson combats to Kimber's I just want one of these.

Who in there right mind would carry a drum in there pistol except for bad intentions as a normal set up?

I knew how many rounds it carried when I bought, I actually like it that way, it make me a better shot knowing I may need to make every shot count and not keep 9mm plinking until I get lucky.

Lastly I said I live in Va in case someone maybe local and has one or knows someone with one who might want to part with it.

Thanks everyone for tips to help me find one.

Chandler51 01-21-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunRunner
Well from what I understand, pro mag makes or made them but they have been discontinued

I want one because I do. Lol. not to carry but basically see what went wrong with them because everything I've read about them has been bad so basically I was looking to reverse engineer it.

I had a few 9's, 40's and ect ect ect, why you think this is my only pistol I'm not sure but hey continue giving unless advise. I have several magazines from Wilson combats to Kimber's I just want one of these.

Who in there right mind would carry a drum in there pistol except for bad intentions as a normal set up?

I knew how many rounds it carried when I bought, I actually like it that way, it make me a better shot knowing I may need to make every shot count and not keep 9mm plinking until I get lucky.

Lastly I said I live in Va in case someone maybe local and has one or knows someone with one who might want to part with it.

Thanks everyone for tips to help me find one.

I mentioned the "carry" as a joke, man. Hence the "big, grinnin' smiley face". :D

GunRunner 01-21-2012 01:51 PM

I was reading this on my phone so missed it......... No harm no foul