Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Little help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 02:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Little help

I wish to own a 1911 that is compact but do not wish to spend a lot of money for it because if i am carrying it and god forbid have to use it the police will take it for evidence and i sure don't want them taking my 1911 that i spent a lot on...any good options or opinions? Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2014, 02:07 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8389 Times on 3630 Posts
Likes Given: 1291

Sir- you really need to get your priorities straight. What you should be looking for is the most reliable handgun that you can shoot well. IF you use that in defending your life, and never EVER see it again, you got your money's worth out of it.

IF your use was within the law, there is no LEGAL reason it will not be returned to you at some point. If your use was not legal, you have other problems.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 02-18-2014, 02:09 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19845 Times on 11269 Posts
Likes Given: 50022

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrapy View Post
I wish to own a 1911 that is compact but do not wish to spend a lot of money for it because if i am carrying it and god forbid have to use it the police will take it for evidence and i sure don't want them taking my 1911 that i spent a lot on...any good options or opinions? Thanks
RIA, (Rock Island Armory) or MetroArms American Classic Commander sized 1911. come in several different finishes, and calibers. very good quality made pistols, are decently priced, get very good reviews from those who own them and are decently accurate to boot.

i am on my second American Classic and the current one is a Commander sized 1911. very accurate and it cost me $about $600 NIB when i orderd it from my LGS. very pleased with it.
People Like This 
Old 02-18-2014, 02:10 AM   #4

Liked 1662 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 1122

What C3shooter said.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 02-18-2014, 02:19 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5272 Times on 2748 Posts
Likes Given: 333

What c3 says.

I carry the best reliable gun I can.

What a self defense piece costs is nothing compaired the cost of pulling one when your life is in danger and because you went second rate jams on the second shot...

The ONLY 1911 I trust my life and my wife's life to are my colt new agent, colt lightweight commander, and colt series 70 all recent production. There isn't another production 1911 I trust

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 02-18-2014 at 02:22 AM.
DrFootball Likes This 
Old 02-18-2014, 04:44 AM   #6

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Would you buy cheap life insurance from an unreliable company? After all you only need your life insurance once.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:18 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I understand what all of yall are saying i will eventually get my handgun back amd that could take years i carry a ruger lc9 most of the time unless its winter and with my.jacket i have my glock 22 i just want a 1911 just.to have.one but don't want to spend over 1000 especially if that's the one i use for that self defense situation and that it could take years before.i see it again

Old 02-18-2014, 06:12 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I really don't see a problem with the OP's reasoning. He didn't say he wants an unreliable handgun.

It is implied that he wants the most reliable, inexpensive, 1911. I see nothing wrong with not wanting a $1000 pride-piece to be in the hands of cops, for possibly years. Who knows what those guys are gonna do to the gun in the meantime.

I personally wouldn't wanna subject a Colt to that, and to possibly not have the Colt for years, if there's other options which are equally reliable but less expensive.

Do I adhere to the same train of thought? I haven't started carrying again yet, so, no.

It was time for a new signature. This is what you get.

Always have clean socks.

DrFootball Likes This 
Old 02-18-2014, 06:34 AM   #9
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2757 Times on 1898 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Default Agree up to a point...

Honestly, I'd feel just the same about any decent gun I own( I only own "Good" guns)...now, do I want to loose my LC9 or any "Good" Gun? No, but I could have Bought a Jiminez JA22 Saturday...and would not have minded losing it,...but I'd rather live and have used a good gun to keep me and mine alive, instead of having used a crappy gun and not known if it would fire or not...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 02-18-2014, 09:44 AM   #10
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2643 Times on 1540 Posts
Likes Given: 1173

I look at it this way.
Car Insurance is a requirement here to get a tag on your car.

Now which insurance do you want?

The best or so-so?

So which firearm do you want? The best or so-so?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Newest Threads