Let's see some 1911's - Page 58
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Let's see some 1911's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #571
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model52 View Post
Maybe I overlooked it, but I'm surprised to see that there are no pictures of an STI gun here. Didn't find one with the 'search'-command either, for that matter.
I have just bought an STI 'Eagle' in .45 ACP with a 6 inch bull barrel, but I can't post pictures yet, because in this silly country it takes about 3 months for our government to issue a gun owner's license. Luckily, in the meantime I can already shoot the gun on the range of the dealer's. He keeps it in his safe for me as long as I'm waiting for the license to arrive.

It's like a premature born baby: you can see it, touch it, but not take it home...

As soon as I can take this baby home, I'll post some pics.
And I thought having to wait ten days in California was bad.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #572

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
I have an STI LS9 posted in the first set of pics. Thinking about another STI. We have another member from Belgium on FTF (Reinhard), so welcome aboard!
Yep, I overlooked that one in the collection.
Glad to be here, looks like a very interesting forum.

I shot some 100 rounds with the STI Eagle and boy, that is a very accurate gun! Comes very close to my S&W Model 52, which is supposed to be one of the most accurate semi-auto's in the world.

The shooting range where I'm a member is also the sole importer for STI in this country, and he has a huge stock of all their models, from the Trojan to the Legend. Prices are 40% higher than over there though, and that's a pity, otherwise a would already be thinking of a second one too.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
And I thought having to wait ten days in California was bad.
Thirty year ago, when I started my shooting hobby, I used to walk in my local police office and come out 10 minutes later with a gun license.

Nowadays, it not only takes 3 months to get one (that's if I'm very lucky, could also be a year), but my wife has to sign a consent form, my MD has to sign a form that declares me fit to handle a firearm, my local police has to confirm that I have no criminal record and my gun club has to confirm that I'm a regular visitor of their premises. Moreover, if my last license is older that 2 years, I have to do a completely ridiculous exam on gun laws.

Guess I'll have to emigrate over the pond.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #574
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Come on over. We like responsible gun guys.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #575

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Come on over, M52. We'd be glad to have you.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #576

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Thirty year ago, when I started my shooting hobby, I used to walk in my local police office and come out 10 minutes later with a gun license.

Nowadays, it not only takes 3 months to get one (that's if I'm very lucky, could also be a year), but my wife has to sign a consent form, my MD has to sign a form that declares me fit to handle a firearm, my local police has to confirm that I have no criminal record and my gun club has to confirm that I'm a regular visitor of their premises. Moreover, if my last license is older that 2 years, I have to do a completely ridiculous exam on gun laws.

DAM, I'm sure glad to be a TEXICAN
Can't imagian such as you go thru just to own a firearm

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 03-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #577

Thanks for the encouraging words, guys!

Of course, my lovely wife only signed the consent after I pointed the King Cobra snubnose in her general direction.

Just joking, she's just as furious about this ridiculous gunlaws as I am.

Lovers of firearms, like me, are a very small minority in this country, so we'll be facing a total ban in a few decades if politicians have their way. There's not much to stop them; on the contrary, as well the general public as the media encourage them to be harsh on gun-toting scum (that's how they think about us) like me. 'Freedom' is a hollow term in this old continent...

Old 03-14-2011, 08:44 AM   #578
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 144 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 167

My 1918 Mod 1911Some original parts replaced but retained.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #579
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Very nice old pony.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:34 AM   #580
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:

You will be more then welcome here in Arizona.