Les Baer - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Les Baer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 06:04 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The question is, are they worth the money?

Old 10-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #22

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I think all of the responders have already tried to answer that question for you as best they can; I think the rest is up to you. From this point on, it's purely subjective. Good luck!

Old 10-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #23

I saw a Permeire II this last weekend at a gun show for $1299. Still kicking my self for not getting it.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #24

I have a number of 45s, and the Les Baer shoots great every time, I have never been disappointed by the weapons' reliability or the crowd it draws at the local range. It is a pain in the ass, over ammo and seems to love only new ammo no reloads. The Kimber is also a great weapon easier to live with at the range, it will shoot any ammo in the clip.
As it was stated earlier, some drive MBs and others Kia's but both get to the same destination at the same time.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:47 PM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidalforce79 View Post
Yes. Yes they are.

JD

Old 10-31-2010, 12:11 AM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidalforce79 View Post
You can always build it too... Not going crazy like I almost (thanks guys) did last week and finding parts to be hand-fitted. Take the cost of labor out of the equation. Not to mention the feeling of accomplishment that you would have by owning a peice that is unique and made by you. Knowing that you would be able to tear it down and fix most anything on the spot when as soon as you were done. Then there is this option which is what said companies are offering but at the added cost of their labor. You can't really go wrong either way. I would just assume I do it myself but there is nothing wrong with creating a job slot for a fellow American and buying from his company. Just depends on what direction you feel like going. My last one was "Loaded" from the assembly line. My next one will be all me. These companies that you are mentioning are actually quite cheap. Just take a look at REAL CUSTOM prices of having a local gunsmith build one for you!!! Totally worth every dime though.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:15 AM   #27

a 1911 is a 1911 until you hand fit each and every part = Les baer.

All forged parts...no MIM...all over sized and hand fitted to your pistol. Shake it without interior noise. Feeds everything right out of the box.

Everybody else charges even more with less features.

You can't buy a better made American made 1911. Their finish before blueing leaves something to be desired but with the Bear Coat finish, it is the finest available in the USA !

Welcome to Proload.com Pro Load Distributors has the best prices...and often in stock ! (208) 772-2339

BAER is the American version of a Rolex in a 1911. Not everybody needs nor can afford one. Buy one and you will understand quality !

Old 11-01-2010, 02:04 AM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

OK, the following is the truth based on my personal experience and it'a hard for me to accept.

I cannot speak about LesBear but I can speak about high end 1911's in the form of Wilson Combat.

I had a Wilson CQB. It was a very smooth very well fit 1911. When you held this gun you could feel the quality of the build. It was also a very purty gun, super reliable, super accurate, and easy to shoot.

Then I bought a Taurus PT1911AR for the heck of it. When you held this gun you could feel the quality in the frame and slide but everything else felt kinda cheap. It was kinda loose, not fit that great and It wasn't a purty gun at all. Then I shot it.

My high dollar Wilson could not out shoot my $500 Taurus. Anything the Wilson could do the Taurus could do. It too was super reliable.

In all honesty I was shocked.

I sold the Taurus and traded the Wilson off. I know have only my Colt.
It is my opinion:
When you buy a high end 1911 you buy quality no doubt. You also buy the name. You also buy a work of art. You do not buy a superior functioning firearm.
"---------\_/

Old 11-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
My high dollar Wilson could not out shoot my $500 Taurus.
If your Wilson could not hold 1 inch groups at 25 yards, you could have sent it back for a check up. The Wilson folks do not have a written lifetime warranty but they do make sure their pistols are right. Reason I know this? A couple months ago, I picked up a Tactical CQB Elite from a student that needed book money. Being curious, I contacted Wilson and asked about the mfg date and their warranty and that's what I got back. They will make it right if you are not satisfied.

Just a note... if that Taurus could shoot 1 inch groups at 25, it was a BIG mistake selling it. They won't all do that.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #30

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyBaer View Post
If your Wilson could not hold 1 inch groups at 25 yards, you could have sent it back for a check up. The Wilson folks do not have a written lifetime warranty but they do make sure their pistols are right. Reason I know this? A couple months ago, I picked up a Tactical CQB Elite from a student that needed book money. Being curious, I contacted Wilson and asked about the mfg date and their warranty and that's what I got back. They will make it right if you are not satisfied.

Just a note... if that Taurus could shoot 1 inch groups at 25, it was a BIG mistake selling it. They won't all do that.
Oh no, I failed to properly explain. The CQB was awesome, shot perfect. So did the Taurus, just as good as the Wilson in fact.
"---------\_/