Les Baer - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Les Baer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 12:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidalforce79 View Post
Would you personally own one if you could? Do you own one, and what do you think?

TJ
For the longest time, I wanted an Ed Brown or Wilson. Shot and traded Springers, Colts and Paras because my income just could not catch up with my need for a super accurate, most reliable, ultimate 1911. Then BAM, I get word of a Baer Premiere II being sold to pay for a daughters wedding. Jumped on it for half what they are now. Patience payed off.

My Baer is TIGHT. The tightest 1911 I have ever seen. Maybe too tight, still not broke in yet. It comes with a 50 yard target with a 3/4" group punched in it. This indicates proof it has the 1 1/2" option. Have to admit this pistol has shown me the difference between hitting where you aim versus around the point of aim. If you get the chance to shoot one, keep your eyes open when the hammer falls and take note where it was pointed. There will be a hole there.

Looks, shine and overall finish is better on other pistols, imo. Baer did not go all out for a deep blue treatment on these. There are a couple of coating options available but mine is an okay blue. Okay with me cause the more I use it, the better it looks.

So far, my Premiere II has eat all kinds of ammo... hardballs, HPs and lots of +Ps. Have not tried any lead. My supply of magazines is diverse with some cheapies to authentic Wilson and Baer mags. They all feed flawlessly with the weird and old ammo I plink with. Somebody got the ramp angle just right. No complaints. Not saying other pistols won't do the same, just sharing my experience.

Since hooking up and shooting my Baer more and more over the last couple years, I have sold off a couple Paras, a Springer, a Colt and a RIA. Oddly enough, the very collection I used to play with quite often is slowly being passed along and not missed, at all. About to sell off a couple more. Now if I can find a rifle to satisfy me as well, I'd be GTG.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:57 PM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyBaer View Post
For the longest time, I wanted an Ed Brown or Wilson. Shot and traded Springers, Colts and Paras because my income just could not catch up with my need for a super accurate, most reliable, ultimate 1911. Then BAM, I get word of a Baer Premiere II being sold to pay for a daughters wedding. Jumped on it for half what they are now. Patience payed off.

My Baer is TIGHT. The tightest 1911 I have ever seen. Maybe too tight, still not broke in yet. It comes with a 50 yard target with a 3/4" group punched in it. This indicates proof it has the 1 1/2" option. Have to admit this pistol has shown me the difference between hitting where you aim versus around the point of aim. If you get the chance to shoot one, keep your eyes open when the hammer falls and take note where it was pointed. There will be a hole there.

Looks, shine and overall finish is better on other pistols, imo. Baer did not go all out for a deep blue treatment on these. There are a couple of coating options available but mine is an okay blue. Okay with me cause the more I use it, the better it looks.

So far, my Premiere II has eat all kinds of ammo... hardballs, HPs and lots of +Ps. Have not tried any lead. My supply of magazines is diverse with some cheapies to authentic Wilson and Baer mags. They all feed flawlessly with the weird and old ammo I plink with. Somebody got the ramp angle just right. No complaints. Not saying other pistols won't do the same, just sharing my experience.

Since hooking up and shooting my Baer more and more over the last couple years, I have sold off a couple Paras, a Springer, a Colt and a RIA. Oddly enough, the very collection I used to play with quite often is slowly being passed along and not missed, at all. About to sell off a couple more. Now if I can find a rifle to satisfy me as well, I'd be GTG.

My question then, is this, could I get one at a semi reasonable price lol

Old 10-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
The high end 1911s like Nighthawk are fabulous guns. Some folks just prefer the quality of a hand fitted masterpiece to a mass market production gun...
*meekly raises hand*

Old 10-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #14

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts

Quote:
Depends on your definition of "reasonable" I guess.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #15

Quote:
If you are serious:

Send my good friend george@migunslingers.com an e-mail and discuss what you are looking for and what he has available. George is a very good man and he has a great deal through his shop where you can hold a pistol for a little down and get a year to pay it off with no interest. A little every payday and it will be home before you know it.

I am currently doing that with my latest pistol purchase and it should be home in November.

JD

Old 10-29-2010, 05:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Well, if you want it right now, you will pay. If you save your money and wait until the right deal comes your way, you'll save big bucks.

Just for an idea... around TN the best price I've seen on a brand new Les Baer Premiere II was $1800 a couple months ago. A previously shot one in great shape went for $1500. I know there has to be better deals than that because I just bumped into those on the fly. Just gotta ask, make offers and be ready to jump.

That layaway plan sounds great.

Last edited by SmokyBaer; 10-29-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:02 PM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
If you are serious:

Send my good friend george@migunslingers.com an e-mail and discuss what you are looking for and what he has available. George is a very good man and he has a great deal through his shop where you can hold a pistol for a little down and get a year to pay it off with no interest. A little every payday and it will be home before you know it.

I am currently doing that with my latest pistol purchase and it should be home in November.

JD
Wow, this sounds very appealing to be honest with you, I may drop him a line : )

Old 10-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #18

Quote:
Wow, this sounds very appealing to be honest with you, I may drop him a line : )
George is a good man. Tell him I sent you over and he will definitely take care of you.

He has great prices, a very good pipeline to a lot of the top makers and he is very knowledgable.

JD

Old 10-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Mmmmmm........Titties.....
I admire sporty milk containers, is it the same???????

Old 10-30-2010, 02:12 AM   #20

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunsb View Post
I admire sporty milk containers, is it the same???????
I believe so....

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."