Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Les Baer 1911

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,492
Liked 405 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Les Baer 1911

Guy at my work is thinking about trading his Sig 1911 and about a grand towards one of these. Would it be worth it? I don't know much of 1911s

__________________
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 03-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
danf_fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: LA (Lower Alabama),FL
Posts: 9,750
Liked 2302 Times on 1372 Posts
Likes Given: 1066

Default

How does the "Guy" feel about it.

Worth it? Maybe, or maybe not. Les has a website listing prices for new pieces. http://www.lesbaer.com/

Condition, use, abuse, maintenance, and age are just some factors to consider.

If the "Guy" has a smile on his face when all is said and done, then it was a decent deal.

__________________

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

danf_fl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonyaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bandera,Texas
Posts: 10,371
Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
How does the "Guy" feel about it.

Worth it? Maybe, or maybe not. Les has a website listing prices for new pieces. http://www.lesbaer.com/

Condition, use, abuse, maintenance, and age are just some factors to consider.

If the "Guy" has a smile on his face when all is said and done, then it was a decent deal.
Also, Les Baer makes several 1911 models that cover price and value ranges. Which model is it? All are very fine pistols.
__________________
lonyaeger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,492
Liked 405 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Here's the picture he sent me. Are they any good? He has a Dan Wesson on order right now too



__________________
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DodgerBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Maricopa county, AZ
Posts: 769
Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default

A SIG and 1k for a Les Baer?

SIG 1911s are designed by a custom 1911 builder Matt McLearn
IPSC World Champion
USPSA National Champion

Sig contains no MIM - every critical working part in the gun is machined from solid stainless steel. Fit and finish is excellent - there aren't many $1000 1911s that are handfitted as well as the SIG

Tell this "guy" unless he has more money than sense, and that is not a insult, I wish I did. Tell him to keep his SIG and the 1k and buy another SIG 1911 or just keep the 1k knowing he has already a fine 1911

__________________

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

DodgerBlue is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,492
Liked 405 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue
A SIG and 1k for a Les Baer?

SIG 1911s are designed by a custom 1911 builder Matt McLearn
IPSC World Champion
USPSA National Champion

Sig contains no MIM - every critical working part in the gun is machined from solid stainless steel. Fit and finish is excellent - there aren't many $1000 1911s that are handfitted as well as the SIG

Tell this "guy" unless he has more money than sense, and that is not a insult, I wish I did. Tell him to keep his SIG and the 1k and buy another SIG 1911 or just keep the 1k knowing he has already a fine 1911
I sure will. Thanks for the info
__________________
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1406 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Baer makes a fine gun but I'd ask why he bought the Sig instead of the LB when he first purchased a 1911.

I know the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence but this old man has been on both sides of that fence, worked on both sides and vacationed on both sides.

The grass is brown on both sides.

If you can't love the one you want, love the one you're with! It's all good!

__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,492
Liked 405 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake
Baer makes a fine gun but I'd ask why he bought the Sig instead of the LB when he first purchased a 1911.

I know the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence but this old man has been on both sides of that fence, worked on both sides and vacationed on both sides.

The grass is brown on both sides.

If you can't love the one you want, love the one you're with! It's all good!
It was his first one and out of all the 1911s we carry, the Sig is the nicest one
__________________
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
limbkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: georgetown,ky
Posts: 1,170
Liked 765 Times on 401 Posts
Likes Given: 486

Default

Les Baers are great pistols. Some of the best semi-custom you can buy. I love them. Here's a link to the best prices on them. I hate sigs myself. Just my opinion as some love them. External extractor is a deal breaker for me.
http://cj1911heaven.com/

__________________
limbkiller is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,906
Liked 2152 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1177

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
Here's the picture he sent me. Are they any good? He has a Dan Wesson on order right now too
Must be nice
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Saving for the big bad Les Baer Seanbo123 1911 Forum 7 11-20-2011 04:01 AM
kimber vs les baer bechau 1911 Forum 17 08-21-2011 11:37 PM
Les Baer NGIB 1911 Forum 11 03-18-2011 09:07 PM
Les Baer Tidalforce79 1911 Forum 36 11-26-2010 10:24 PM
Les Baer Custom .45 nightfire 1911 Forum 1 11-30-2007 09:22 PM



Newest Threads